January 2013 Moms
Options

UPDATE! NBR: Uhg, neck/behind ear pain

jobiannjobiann member
edited February 2014 in January 2013 Moms
Sorry ladies, this is mostly a vent...

So for almost two week's now I've had this dull achy pain from the middle back of my neck to behind my right ear. It's the most annoying thing and the world. AND I have a bump on the back of my neck too. It doesn't hurt when I touch it, just this constant dull achy feeling most of the time. Every so often it will just vanish for an hour or so, or some day's I'll wake up without the ache. I tried to see my doctor last week but she was booked so I went to a PA...she said it's most likely a muscle spasm due to lifting heavy boxes (we are moving in 6 weeks) and picking up and playing with DS (25 pounds)...but it doesn't throb or hurt when I touch the bump. Ibuprofen helps a bit, but not for a long period of time. Two days later I went to my chiropractor and he got a ton of good cracks out of me...but still no relief. So here I am on day 13, it sucks. I finally made an appointment with my regular doctor for tomorrow morning. I'm hoping she has some better answers for me. My mind keeps racing to cancer thanks to my tendency to worry about everything...hopefully 10am comes fast!

Thanks for listening!

UPDATED: it truly is just a muscle spasm. So my doctor gave me some prescription strength Aleve type meds plus some muscle relaxers. Thank the heavens! Course she rubbed it in as she leaves for Mexico on vacation for a week. I'm super jealous!

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
**Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

Re: UPDATE! NBR: Uhg, neck/behind ear pain

• Options
    Thanks @katrine_05 , my husband suggested I get a massage, I think I'll check in with my doctor first in the morning and if she gives me the green light I'll continue with my chiropractor and I'll make a massage appointment. I also picked up a warming pad that I'm going to try tonight. 

Hopefully something works, it's not a sharp really painful feeling...just dull and really annoying. I know I'm out of shape but this is ridiculous!

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"