Two Under 2
Options

Advice needed: room sharing

Hey ladies, it has been FOREVER since I have been on this board (or on TB at all really, not a fan of the new layout) but I need some help with my munchkins. 

DD is 2 and DS is almost 8 months. We have been room-sharing with DS but the past couple of days I have had the "need to cut the cord"/"need my dang space" urge. It happened with DD around this age too and we moved her into her own room. It went great, but now there are two... so how in the heck do I make this work?! DS is not sleeping through the night, I think he absolutely will (or at least wake up once vs. 4+ times) if he isn't in our room though. Here's the kicker, our first toddler stomach bug=converting her crib... so booger #1 is free and she tends to play both before she goes to bed and when she wakes up. So far all I can think of is to remove the majority of DDs toys from her room, and put a child latch on her toy box (one of the straps that snap into place so I can latch it at night/naps and leave it unlatched the rest of the time) and start working on nap/bedtime is for sleeping NOT playing for a few days until she really gets it and then maybe move them in together? .... so yeah, help please!!!
Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Advice needed: room sharing

• Options
    My girls currently share a room. DD2 slept in our room in her crib until she was 15 months old. We waited to move her in with her sister until both girls were consistently STTN and DD1 was at a stage where she would stay in her toddler bed at night. It was a transition for them in the beginning and they had a hard time falling asleep/waking each other up in the middle of the night for the first few nights. Each night got a bit easier though.

You know your kids best. Regardless of when you move them into the same room, it will take some time for them to adjust.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"