Maryland Babies
Options

Upper chesapeake vs franklin square?

Anyone have any experience with either place? Upper chesapeake would be much closer but most of the MDs I've been researching only deliver at franklin square.

Re: Upper chesapeake vs franklin square?

• Options
    I delivered both my DD at Franklin Square and I highly recommend them to anyone. Actually both my girls spent 2 weeks in the NICU due to their early arrival. Again, huge praises all around. If your looking for more, please PM me.

• Options
    And I delivered at UCMC with the midwives which was also very pleasant and I recommend them. But the doctor is important so i would make your decision based off of that. If you're still undecided, tour the facilities if that matters to you. I loved the nurses at UCMC too, but I worked there so I knew them already
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I delivered both my children at Franklin Square and had wonderful experiences both times.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Without a doubt I would choose Franklin square, for the sole purpose that they have a high acuity NICU. Upper Chesapeake is a nice hospital but god forbid you need a NICU and it isn't there...... My daughter was born 10 weeks early, she was resuscitated at birth by the NICU attending at Franklin square. I still have horrible thoughts as to what could have happened had I not been there, my care was amazing as was hers in the NICU.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Second PP. My SIL did deliver at Upper Chesapeake and had nothing but rave reviews. However, if you needed a NICU for any reason, they would need to transport your child to the closest NICU (likely Franklin Square) and you would not be cleared to leave or go visit until you were at the hospital for 48 hours.

Even the slightest chance of being separated from DS made my decision pretty easy. Franklin Square does have pretty cramped quarters once they move you out of L&D, but I'd still make the same decision again.

Little T Born 2/26/13
    TTC #2 since August 2014
    BFP #2: 4/15/15 * EDD: 12/19/15 * MMC: 5/7/15
    BFP #3: 7/23/15 * EDD: 3/29/16

• Options
    I just delivered at Franklin Square on March 5th, I could not have had a better experience. I agree that the recovery room is like a closet compared to L&D however if they are as busy as when i was there i was moved to a larger room on the 4th floor. I would recommend taking a tour of the hospital, they are free and you can go to their website and sign up. Thankfully i did not need to use the NICU however that is one of the reasons i chose Franklin Square.
  • Options
    I've heard great things about both.  I live close to UC and will be delivering there (I hope) but if you need a NICU I have heard wonderful things about Franklin Square.  The majority of people I know have delivered at UC and I have heard nothing but good things.  My SIL lives within 5 minutes of Franklin Square and chose UC.
  • Options
    I will be delivering at UC as well. I love the doctors and although the hospital had a bad rep years ago, I've heard nothing but great things about it now. 
  • Options
    I went to UC because that's where my practice (Susquehanna) delivers. However now that I've been through labor in the car - I'm glad my hospital was a short drive! :) I do second the opinion that the doctor choice matters. Good luck!
    Married 6/08, TTC 7/09
    MC w/ D&C 3/11 ~ 9.5 weeks
    CP/MC 1/12 ~ 5 weeks
    2 IUI's w/ BFN
    IVF 6/12 ~ 8R, 0F ~ Rescue ISCI gave us 3dt of 2 (6 cell, 9+ cell)
    DS born ~ 3/3/13
    IVF 6/14 ~ Operation Sibling ~ 10R, 5F ~ 5dt of 1 Blast
    Beta 1: 1600+, Beta 2: 4588
    Everyone Welcome!
    image image
    Pregnancy Ticker image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"