Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Nursery Chairs

unaveragejaneunaveragejane member
edited February 2014 in Babies: 3 - 6 Months
I'm trying to decide what kind of chair to get for this LO's nursery. I'm hoping that I will be able to nurse this time around, and I know that means I'll be spending a lot of time in that chair. What do you have, and do you like it?

ETA Dang it! I hit enter before I got all the options in. I wanted to add one option for Glider without Ottoman. If you just have a chair, do you mind not having a place to put your feet up?

Nursery Chairs 128 votes

Glider with Ottoman (like)
68% 88 votes
Glider with Ottoman (dislike)
6% 8 votes
Recliner
13% 17 votes
Rocker
11% 15 votes

Re: Nursery Chairs

• Options
    We have a lazy boy recliner so we can use it in another room once it's not needed in the nursery. It glides and I bought an ottoman from target that matches his nursery
  • Options
    I have an upholstered glider from DD1 that I love. I rarely use it for daytime nursing, especially with DD2 (she eats where ever DD1 is at the moment she's hungry) but DH and I have both used it for snuggle sessions with both girls. DD1 was- and still is- an awful sleeper; it's great for her MOTN wakings. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We bought a poang chair and ottoman from Ikea and I live it, but you do have to cushion the sides with blankets. I am shorter and found the glider uncomfortable, plus DS likes bouncing way more then swaying.
  • Options
    I also have a poang chair from Ikea, one of the rocker versions. It's really comfortable but on carpet it doesn't rock well at all and it's a little tough to get out of when I have a sleepy LO that I don't want to disrupt in my arms. You HAVE to have a big throw pillow with it to rest your arms on. I only used it for nursing a couple of times - I mostly used an oversized sofa chair in another room for nursing.

I'm actually switching out the poang chair for a glider this weekend. I don't like the look of the traditional gliders but a nice modern upholstered glider just isn't in the budget right now.
    image    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I don't have any of the options you listed. We have twins so we got a loveseat for their room so both DH and I can sit in there and feed them-we FF feed. Plus it's nice on the nights when one of them is fussing I can put them on my chest and lay (well sort of) on the loveseat and sleep comfortably. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I have a rocker but never once nursed in it. I much prefer bed or couch. I only use it to rock LO to sleep
  • Options
    I voted recliner, but it rocks too. I really like it more than the gliders I used as a nanny.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We have the enchanted little castle glider from Walmart.  The navy stripe goes so cute in my nursery and its really comfy.  
    image  image
    Baby Muffy Due July.8.2015!

• Options
    We have a Lay Z Boy rocker/recliner with no ottoman..
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have a glider without an ottoman and am happy with just the chair. I had gotten a pouf to use as a foot stool and never used it, so it just went into the living room  (I bought a pair to match my Living room in case that happened).
    Married My Love on 6/18/2006
    BFP#1 10/1/2011. Our perfect little girl, Her heart stopped @ 12w1d. D&E 11/23/11
    BFP#2 3/13/12 Weird CP/Possible EP @ 6w0d
    BFP#3 5/28/12 CP @ 5w0d
    BFP/WTF#4 10/26/12 CP
    BFP#5 12/10/12 EDD 8/23/2013
    <3 Baby Boy Born 8/22/13 <3
     photo ellie.gifPhotobucket
  • Options
    I use my glider and ottoman every morning and night to nurse and rock my baby to sleep. It's much more comfortable for me and less distracting for us both to sit in it in his nursery than anywhere else in my house.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have a glider with the ottoman and it worked well in the nursery when LO was smaller. She is almost 5m old and because she is so long it is getting uncomfortable to nurse unless she is almost in a seated position. If I could go back I would have stuck to the recliner in the livingroom and skipped the glider all together. OR I would have purchased one of those wider, looks like an oversized chair, rocker.

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    We have gilder and ottoman and it's fine, but we never bother going into the nursery to use it. I just feed wherever.
  • Options
    I have a rocker but M prefers the rocking recliner so much more.
    BLAD reppin'

• Options
    I freaking love my glider and ottoman combo. I would highly recommend getting one. :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    olga1311 said:
    I have a rocker but never once nursed in it. I much prefer bed or couch. I only use it to rock LO to sleep

Same here, except ours is a glider. I very rarely nurse in it. I have always preferred the sofa.

BabyGaga

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"