Minnesota Babies
Options

Midwives at Woodwinds?

Hello,
my husband and I are think we're pretty set on delivering the baby at Woodwinds in Woodbury. Has anyone delivered there? Can anyone give recommendations for either a specific OB or Midwife that you had a really good experience with? I am intrigued by the idea of a midwife, but pretty uninformed still. Any suggestions, tips, or ideas would be GREATLY appreciated! 

Re: Midwives at Woodwinds?

• Options
    I delivered at woodwinds almost 3 yrs ago and had an amazing experience. I was supposed to go to st. Joe's, but they were full so I got bumped and I am glad I did. I went for prenatal care at HealthEast. (Grand ave, but there more offices). Loved them. My water broke and they let me try everything to be induced- natural (walking, nipple stimulation) and medical (cerdavil, pitocim) and nothing worked. But they let me try for a full 3 days!! I ended up with a section. The ob was dr Arnold with women's comprehensive health I'm woodbury. He was amazing. Kept checking on me over the next several days in his street clothes. If I didn't live in Minneapolis, I would have gone back to him for this pregnancy. At woodwinds, I got (free) acupuncture and healing touch for pain management. All included! The rooms are big- which is awesome when you're in for a week! Let me know if you have any questions!
  • Options
    I delivered at Woodwinds in September and loved it.  I also worked with the Healtheast midwives.  I 100% believe had I not been working with the midwives at Woodwinds and had stuck with my original OB and delivered at United I would have had a c-section.  

DD was sunnyside up and the midwife that delivered her was able to get her to rotate enough that she came out on her own (well- after many hours of hard pushing on my part).  

The thing I loved about using a midwife the most is it's more relational than an OB.  They treat pregnancy like a human condition, rather than a medical condition.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you both so much for the responses! Do either of you recommend anyone specifically? Or do you kind of just get placed with whoever is available? Also, Emily you said you went to the clinic on Grand ave. I live right in st paul, so would you recommend that clinic? Is there parking? I know Grand ave can be kind of a zoo sometimes. Random, I know! Thank you!!!
  • Options
    I did use the midwives at HealthEast Grand Ave. They were wonderful. There are 19 midwives who rotate between all the clinics and their 3 hospitals. There is a parking garage in the building where the clinic is. I think it is $2 with validation (used to be free with validation) or free for the first 30 min with validation. Then $2. It is a really nice
  • Options
    I plan on delivering in Woodwinds. One of my friends is an ultrasound tech at my clinic and she said she has only heard good things about Woodwinds. She said they have HUGE bathtubs for after labor or whenever you want a bath or to soak. I haven't toured yet, but I trust her! As far as OB's.... my clinic has a lot that deliver there through my clinic and I will be happy to have any of them deliver my baby! I go to comprehensive healthcare for women in woodbury! Good luck!
  • Options
    Also wanted to add, at my clinic you can pick any Dr you want but if it is after hours or weekends, you get whoever is on call.
  • Options
    auroraloo said:
    OMG, the bathtubs at woodwinds are amazing. AH.MAZ.ING.

Agreed. 
  • Options
    I'll be delivering at Woodwinds within the next couple of weeks (I hope!) and I've been there a couple times already for false alarms. 

You do get whoever is on call, so I would recommend seeing as many of the midwives as you can, but they are all amazing!
  • Options
    @auroraloo This is actual conversation between my DH and his friend today.

Friend: Where are you having the baby?
    DH: Woodwinds
    Friend: Why would you drive that far??
    DH: Angie heard they have good bathtubs.

True story:)
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    auroraloo said:
    @mississippicatfish I LOVE it.

Um, 21 weeks? Are you greening it or do you know?

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    auroraloo said:
    auroraloo said:
    @mississippicatfish I LOVE it.

Um, 21 weeks? Are you greening it or do you know?

This post is MEAN! Ah! The unknown!

@auroraloo Haha I forgot - I can't post easily on my laptop anymore. It's odd. It just eats all my text. It's another boy! Thought I'd be a little disappointed, but I couldn't be more excited:)
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I delivered at Woodwinds in August.  My OB was Dr. Jory Burroughs who owns his own clinic (Crown OB/GYN) on Woodlane in Woodbury.  HE WAS AMAZING!!!!  I moved to Woodbury during the 38th week of my pregnancy and had to quickly decide on a doctor and just picked him and I had the most amazing experience.  He was very accommodating and comforting.  He was super supportive and was encouraging me like a midwife would during my delivery.  I just felt very calm and taken care of during my pregnancy and delivery.  I loved him as my doctor and will definitely have him deliver all of my babies.  
  • Options
    I delivered at St. John's in Maplewood but used a midwife at Woodwinds. I have nothing but praise for every midwife I saw. I live in North Branch so I had quite a drive but it was completely worth it. They talked me through everything and made sure everything was ok with me. The nursing staff at St. John's was definitely lacking but my midwife was incredible. She even ended up being on call the night that I went into labor so I was extra lucky to have my main midwife with me through the whole thing.
  • Options
    pff420pff420 member
    After doing a lot of research we decided to try out the midwives at woodwinds. My first confirmation appt is this Friday. I'm a little nervous as this is my first pregnancy but I hear so many good things about midwives..
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"