January 2013 Moms
Options

Help with meals for LO

Hello mommas!

I need some help with meals for my girl.  The ped would like her to be eating more solids.  At this point she eats a little bit of fruit at breakfast, either with eggs, oatmeal, or muffin....and I'm talking like several bites.  At lunch time she eats a few bites of fruit or veg.  Then she has some of whatever we eat for dinner.  She has 2 7oz bottles of breastmilk as well during the day (I work full time).  We are trying to wean her from the bottle to a sippy.  She is 21# 29 inches long so she is definately a healthy girl-I just want to try to get more solid food into her.

Anyone else have any suggestions on meal ideas, especially for lunchtime?  We are dairy free, no processed food, and no grains.  THANKS!!!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Help with meals for LO

• Options
    When is she drinking the breastmilk? I'd try to space it so she hasn't had a bottle within a few hours of eating so she is hungrier. 7 oz. seems pretty high, too; I'd cut back to 5 oz and see how she does. As for specific foods, DS does really well with beef and chicken- he loves meatballs, shredded chicken, even slurped down some bone marrow the other night with relish. He does love his grains, and Cheerios are always a safe bet- is there an allergy you're trying to avoid, or is it an ideological preference? Butternut squash cubes, tofu cubes, roasted any veggies, chickpeas, lentils are all good lunch foods here, and since DS is small, I add extra fat in everywhere via coconut oil and chicken fat.

• Options

Thank you for your help!  I have a gluten sensitivity so I am trying to keep her away from grains for now.  (except oats)  She had a dairy sensitivity that we found out at 2 months, but I am scared to try to introduce some now to see if its better. :)

Good idea on cutting back on the breastmilk.  She has her first bottle around 1 and then the second around 5.  So I will have grandma try and give her food inbetween then.

I never would have thought to try lentils!  Love the idea of butternut squash cubes too.  Thank you so much!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh awesome thanks for the suggestion!  I will download that book right now!
  • Options
    Privacy - how do you make the zucchini noodles?
  • Options
    Great thanks!
  • Options
    My LO loves beans and lentils. Super easy to just keep in the fridge for quick meals.

• Options
    DD loves pieces of roasted chicken, baked sweet potatoes and meatballs. We also cook a big batch of quinoa at the beginning of the week and feed that to her mixed with whatever veggies who have on hand.

• Options
    Do you just give her the sweet potato chunks or mush it up?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"