January 2014 Moms
Options

What has been your lifesaver?

what baby product has proved invaluable for you?  For me is is the Maya Wrap ring sling I borrowed from a friend.  It has been a life ans sanity saver especially on days like today when I am by myself with both kids, snowed in so we cant go anywhere, and Lillian wont let me put her down for even five minutes to change Bens diaper.  

Re: What has been your lifesaver?

• Options
    My boppy cuddle pillow. We were using it as a body pillow still in the hospital and the lc recommend we use that to nurse instead of our brand new boppy. Now we use it to nurse, as a body pillow and as a neck pillow. Multiple uses and I don't know what I would do without it.
    Charlotte Lynne ~ Jan. 23, 2014

• Options
    Gripe water. Didn't use it with DS but it has really helped DD's tummy.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The swaddle-me's. DS always manages to get an arm or two out, but other than that they put him right to sleep.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options
    My ergo, rock n play and sleep sack swaddle blankets.
    July 2015 Jan Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Funnies

BFP #5 11/15/14, Team Green EDD 7/22/15

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free Jan. 2014

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free June 2011

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

• Options
    My baby ktan carrier and the cradle n swing. I am by myself with the LOs for about 3 weeks out of the month and the ktan is a lifesaver to be able to chase around my 3 year old and have my hands free. It's especially useful in the evenings when I have to get DS ready for bed. The cradle n swing gives DD something to look up at to entertain her and is also great to rock her to sleep as well.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Boppy & K'Tan wrap. Use them both daily. Practically live attached to the boppy.
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    Definitely the Boppy--I formula feed and laying him on the Boppy is the only way I can give him a bottle and still have a hand free to drink coffee (or wine, heh) or read a book. It drives me crazy not having at least one hand free, for this reason I also love our Moby wrap!

Jealous of those you whose babies like the Mamaroo, so far DS doesn't seem to like ours very much. Glad we only borrowed it from a friend, so it doesn't feel like a waste of money!
    TWO Babies in 2014!
    DS #1 Born 01/07/2014, DS #2 Born 12/17/2014

• Options
    My boppy pillow. Even though I'm not bf, I use it every time she has a bottle and a lot of times when I'm just holding her while sitting. The Baby Bjorn is also a lifesaver because LO gets very fussy every evening so DH just puts her in it and walks around with her to calm her.
  • Options
    Our snug a bunny swing...with my super needy all of a sudden 17 month old my poor daughter spends lots of time in it.
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• Options
    sehudson821sehudson821 member
    edited February 2014
    Boppy and this swing...it makes white noise also, it is my FAVORITE invention. Eta: boppy, not hoppy

Married July 14, 2012

Hudson - January 7, 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    My boppy. It keeps the pressure off my belly when i'm holding DS and when DD tries to climb over me. Then at night I use it to push on my back so I can sleep on my side.
  • Options
    The boppy was a lifesaver until she got kind of big and falls in between me and the pillow. The only thing that calms her down is my arms or tits. My lifesaver is those snack pack chocolate puddings..
  • Options
    Definitely my Bravado nursing bras and tanks! Wear them every day, love them!
  • Options
    Brennon is starting to hate the rock n play, but for the first 2 weeks (and recovering from a c/s) it was invaluable to be able to have him in the room. Now, I'd say the bouncer seat and Baby K'Tan save my life.

He totally does not fit in his swing yet, lol. Maybe in a few weeks.

I'm also trying out the Chicco snap n go stroller frame tomorrow. I was feeling my legs yesterday and I have lost so much muscle tone being away from the dance studio for 3 months now. We're going to start daily walks tomorrow, as long as it's above 20 degrees.
  • Options
    Chux disposable pads are fantastic for all those diaper leaks! i lay them on my changing pad, in bed, wherever and they have saved me from having to do extra laundry.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7
    PgAL

• Options
    The swing! Callum loves sleeping in it, not swinging in it though. 
  • Options
    I second the "My husband" response. DH has done a great job helping me deal with my emotions and taking the reigns when I need him to. Things that we've actually purchased: the shirts that have mittens in them. Fir whatever reason. DS likes to rub his hands all over his face. Resulting in scratching (this occurs during feedings too) that really tears up his face. His skin has completely cleared up now that we've used them. Also, the sleep sacks. DS doesn't like to be cold. They are awesome in this 14 degree weather we have.
    Dave and Kathleen - 09.12.09:
    Partially Complex (my blog)
  • Options
    You're all inspiring to be better about using the gear we have! I have yet to use the Boppy, because I was being lazy about washing it. The white noise machine is a total miracle worker for us. Also: Coffee.
    Ashley, FTM, Age 31, Southern California
    Jude Meyer was born January 12, 2014, at 21 inches, 7lb, 8oz.

image imageimage
  • Options
    The RNP, sleepers with zippers instead of snaps, Halo Swaddle Sleep Sacks, gas drops.
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    RNP at night, sleep sacks with Velcro because this baby is STRONG, my Boppy, and the K'tan. So sad I left the K'tan in my husband's car...only one hand for me today!

• Options
    My breast friend bf pillow and our bouncer. The bouncer is a hand me down and has soothed many LOs in my family. It's finally crapping out tho so I need to buy a new one today!
    imageimage
    Mama of boys, Landon (Jan 14) and Harrison (Aug 15).  

• Options
    bellamatsonbellamatson member
    edited February 2014
    Gripe water, white noise and my family! Mam start pacifiers too
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    This week--- Baby K'tan and this epic sound machine that I bought during a 2am feed last week:

Seriously, it's the shit. I got in on sale for $20. It has an option for ENDLESS sound, what a concept, and can be sound activated so when baby grunts it turns on... woot! Not to mention the moving wall projector that is super cute.

Amazon-crazies, you NEED THIS
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006SFUEF2/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My cat can read EKGs, can your human do that?
    ♥BFP#1 12-23-12, M/C 12-31-12 at 5w4d♥
    ♥BFP#2 05-09-13, EDD 01-15-14. C/S 12-23-13 at 36w5d for complete previa. Healthy baby boy♥

• Options
    My mother, my husband, the swing and gripe water, in that order.  My mom takes DD1 if I'm having a rough day, but DH helps like crazy at night.  I put my mom first only because she can usually come if I need her, but DH is stuck at work.  
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

image  image

• Options
    I registered for a baby ktan carrier but didn't get it. I am now tempted to buy it with everyone saying it's a Lifesaver. Especially now that lo has been in a don't put me down mood yesterday and today.
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

• Options
    @Roses87 - you definitely should get one!  It is very easy to use and my little girl loves the closeness.  I used it while shopping on Sunday and around the house to get stuff done; she usually naps while she's in it!

• Options
    I was going to say my husband too. He had a work injury (was on leave since Dec 13th) and also planned vacation for when the baby was born. He was home for over 3 weeks adter she was born which was a god send because my recovery has been rough this time. He spoiled me :)
    _____________________________________________________________________________

SAHM to 4 kiddos... K (5/05), N (4/09), C (11/10) and Baby A 1/13/14

• Options
    My husband. He has been amazing helping with DS and doing extra for me. As for a baby product I love swaddle sleep sacks

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Well I have been in love with the rock n play but now it has to be the nose frida. It's awesome for boogies!
    Married 3/5/11
    BFP: 6/19/12, D&C 8/23/12
    BFP: 5/17/13, Born 12/16/2013

imageimageimage
    January Siggy Challenge: When I am done breastfeeding...

• Options
    My Lalabu Soothe Shirt www.lalabu.com.

The rock n play has also been great.
    A

imageimageimage

M/c #1 - 10/30/07 - 5w3d, DS1 - born at 36w, M/c#2 - 12/7/09 - 5w, M/c #3 - 1/13/10 - 4w6d, 
    M/c #4 - 3/16/10 - 5w1d, DS2 -  born via VBAC at 40w3d, M/c#5 - 11/5/12 - 7w2d
    BFP #8 - 5/5/13- Looks like a sticky one! DS3 - born via epi-free VBAC at 39w1d

• Options
    @roses87 if you haven't had your LO in a carrier before, I will say that my DD hates the process of going in my Ktan and other carriers, but after a few minutes its golden!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Quaker banana bread squares and cinnamon pecan oatmeal squares and bottled water. I get hungry during our MOTN feeding and I've never been so thirsty in my life. I keep a basket stocked full of snacks and water right by my bed.

imageimage

• Options
    Simple wishes hands free bra, baby k'tan, lalabu soothe shirt, Avent nighttime glow pacifiers (he hates the soothies!)
    Baby Boy #2
    Due Date 11/10/16
  • Options
    My breast feeding pillow and her turtle, my husbands co-worker bought her one of those sleep turtles that displays the lights and it has music and it vibrates. She loves to watch the waves as she falls asleep, definately helps with the middle of the night wake ups.
  • Options
    For baby, the Boba wrap.  DH and I use it daily.  Our little man won't nap unless he's held, and this allows us to still get some things done.  I honestly don't know what we'd do without it!

For me, nipple shells.  My poor cracked nipples weren't healing and I thought I was going to lose my mind from the pain.  It's been just a couple days of wearing these and I can already feel a huge improvement!
  • Options
    Adding: my body pillow. I lay DS on it when I'm nursing otherwise my boobs suffocate him. This way I only need one hand to prop them off of him instead of both. Also my bassinet, the little night light on it means I can check on his breathing in the MOTN without panicking or having to get up to turn on the big light.
    imageimage
  • Options
    megs12914 said:

Well I have been in love with the rock n play but now it has to be the nose frida. It's awesome for boogies!

Ditto on the Nose Frida!
  • Options
    I would alo add our Keurig - not only for making coffee but for warming bottles. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"