Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Booster seat

Hi,

DD is ready for a booster seat.  She's 4, weighs 50 poinds and def. meets the height requirement.  Anyway, here's the issue.  We have a convertible car seat that converts to a high back booster that we keep in DH's suv.  We recently bought a high back booster that converts to a no back booster.  After assembling it, I noticed that it doesn't have a latch.  I know the car's seat belt is what will safely hold DD in place.  Do you have a booster seat with or without a latch?  If you don't have a latch, do you keep the booster seat buckled even when your child's not in it so it doesn't move?  Help :-)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Booster seat

• Options
    My 6 and 8 yr olds are in high back boosters and that is what the seat belt is for :) no latch needed with these. while I do not buckle the boosters in when the boys are not in the car, the seat belt is placed through the shoulder strap of the seat which cannot be easily removed.
    Boy 1 2/06 - Boy 2 12/07 - Boy 3 9/09
  • Options
    I'd be careful - even though she meets the seat's requirements, does she meet the maturity requirements they don't make as well known?  A seatbelt allows her to move, bend, slump, twist and lean unlike a harness and she can't do any of those things even if she falls asleep.  
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"