May 2014 Moms
Options

Hemorrhoids Happen!

So I was thinking I may be lucky and not get hemorrhoids. Today (at exactly 24 wks) I woke up and my behind hurts. And I'm pretty sure I'm experiencing hemorrhoids.
I've had them once before preg when I was taking pain meds, which caused constipation, for my back and they sucked!
Any recommendations for best treatments or what to do to prevent in future?!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Hemorrhoids Happen!

• Options
    Get a small step stool for your bathroom. When you go potty put your feet on it so you are almost squatting. It should make it easier to go with less straining.
  • Options
    It's weird. I haven't been constipated for probably 6 weeks. Now I've been very regular. Don't know why have them all of a sudden! I guess just another lovely symptom of preg. I swear I'm going to have every symptom in the book!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine flared up over the weekend as well. I purchased some Preparation H wipes and cream and it's starting to feel better. I read not to use plain dry toilet paper to wipe to prevent further irritation. If this doesn't get better in the next couple of days, I'm planning on getting a sitz bath. Feel better!
  • Options
    Drink lots of water and up your fiber intake. I keep frosted mini wheats and prunes in my purse. :) Hope you feel better, they're the worst!
  • Options
    I just got one this weekend too. :-( I ha them a couple of times with my last pregnancy, but was able to make them go away by doing the following:

Preparation H ointment according to directions
    Preparation H wipes
    Lots of fiber
    Doing kegels (I read it increases blood flow to the area, which helps)
    Sitz bath

Hope you are able to get some relief. Definitely my least favorite late pregnancy symptom! :-(

Mommy to three beautiful boys! 
    Benjamin Michael 5/17/10
    Lucas Gabriel 3/26/12
    Graham Jonathan 5/1/14

• Options
    Prep. H, tucks wipes (or homemade ones with cosmetic pads and witch hazel), and a stool softener. Sorry you've become a victim to the dreaded hemmis!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I got them when I had surgery earlier and got really constipated. I used Tucks wipes and the Wal-mart brand extra strength Preparation H. I liked the Wal-mart brand better because it was odorless and the regular stuff always had a weird smell.
    Charlotte June, Born May 29, 2014
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Drinking lots of water helps with the constipation but unfortunately there isn't much you can do to prevent them in pregnancy (isn't it glorious). Honestly my fav remedy depends on whether they are internal or external. Mine (right now) are internal and Prep H suppositories are magic. External I think the wipes are better. HTH.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"