January 2013 Moms
Options

your LO reaction to immunizations

DD had her one year check up on Thursday. She got 2 shots. Every since then she's been running fevers up to 101.5 and has such bad diarrhea.
It's now sunday and we are still not doing well. This never happened before. Should I call the pedi?  

Re: your LO reaction to immunizations

• Options
    I would call. Better to be safe. I hope she feels better soon.
  • Options
    We got three shots and hit a fever of 104.4. Yuck.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    A friend of mine is having the same experience right now. Her son had his shots Friday. We haven't had ours yet so I don't have any experience. I'd say if you can't get it to break at all over night I'd probably go in tomorrow.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I would call... Never hurts just to check. DD got a rash from hers and I definitely called.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Three shots, 102.5 fever here. Miserable and the worst yet. Thankfully she takes medication better at this age, ibuprofen was a savior.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DD got 4 shots and did fine. I probably wouldn't worry unless the symptoms don't start to ease up tomorrow.
  • Options
    Still has a fever . Will call the dr today. I'm alittle nervous now
  • Options
    Doesn't hurt to call. Hope everything is ok!
    Lilypie - (eo79)
     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Our DD had hers on Thursday as well. She just broke her fever last night. She was running 101.8. She also had a little diarrhea and a rash at the injection site. This was the worst round of shots for us so far :( hope your babe feels better soon
  • Options
    I hear the one year are the worst, DS did just fine with his, he had a low grade fever about three days after but didn't have any other reaction. Hope your LO feels better soon!

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Options
    Any updates?
  • Options
    aw thanks sarahbbowers!! 
    Took her to the dr. this am in 8 inches of snow!!!

the pedi said the shots most likely aren't causing the fevers because what she had doesn't usually cause that reaction. This afternoon brought no fever but such bad congestion & diarrhea . 
    Hopefully, she gets better soon. I hate this. 
  • Options
    rdonovanrdonovan member
    edited February 2014
    My daughter hasn't had any issues with shots thus far and now she has the chicken pox! I don't remember the exact statistic, but I knew there was a miniscule chance she couldn't contract a mild case from the vaccine. She surely did!
  • Options
    aw I'm so sorry to hear that shes still not feeling well!  Its so hard when our babies are sick!  Hope she gets better soon!!!!!!
  • Options
    Definitely never hurts to call the doctor if you're concerned!

DD wound up getting a mild case of measles after her 12-month shots. She had a fever that would come and go for about a week and had the measles rash on the leg the shot was given. I took her in to get checked, mostly for piece of mind, just in case it was something else.

She was fine, other than feeling understandably icky for a few days.

Pregnancy Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I'm going through this right now. DD got her shots last Monday but didnt have a fever until 7 days after. She appears to be miserable...loss of appetite and vomitting. My poor baby. I feel so helpless. The Dr said this is common and should go away in three days. I'm hoping!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"