Preemies

Nightmares.

Does anyone else have horrible nightmares about their LO?

I think in my case it might be separation anxiety. I constantly have dreams that when he comes home I won't be able to find him because He won't have all of the leads. I feel like my subconscious is still having anxiety from back when he was born. Anyone else have these nightmares? Did they get better when LO came home?
image image
Married 8/9/13
Ashton James Rogers 10/29/13

image  image

Re: Nightmares.

• I had twins in the NICU. One was discharged 2 days ago. I never had nightmares while being in the NICU but now I do about lo not breathing and such. It's horrible! At my pp check in a few weeks I'll be asking about anxiety meds. I've never needed them before. I'm also on Zoloft. I'm looking into getting a monitor like angel care or snuza for the twins. I'm not much help, but you're not alone!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Check out my blog: http://blondheimtwins.blogspot.com/

• I used to always wake up scrambling thinking I had fallen asleep with him on me and then lost him in the duvet. Never stopped seeming so real and scary...eventually it stopped happening.
    I think it's the lack of sleep just messing with us...
  • Loading the player...
  • I did have nightmares while she was in the NICU. Always not knowing where she was. It started while I was in the hospital and thankfully I could send DH down to the NICU to see her at 3am.

Then when she came home I've had high anxiety that my Dr did prescribe something for me, which has helped A LOT.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Married Sept 2008
    ~~TTC Nov 2010~~

IUI #2: 1/21/13-100mg Clomid(CD3-7)(8M post wash) + progesterone= BFP!! EDD 10/13/13
    Beta #1=81.1 Beta #2=134.5 Beta #3=58.1 #4=2369 WTH?!-Not sure if its viable
    2/21/13 - Went to RE expecting the worse and saw the flutter of the heart.To God be the Glory!!

5/29 - It's a Girl!!
    8/21/13 - Naomi born at 32w3d by csection due to Pre-E
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Welcome~~ 
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    imagephoto A789AD50-EAFE-4955-A617-02358EF02DBE_zpsbxkk1n87.jpg
    My Wonder Woman!

• Kelly_12 said:

I used to always wake up scrambling thinking I had fallen asleep with him on me and then lost him in the duvet. Never stopped seeming so real and scary...eventually it stopped happening.
    I think it's the lack of sleep just messing with us...

This happened to me with both my FT singleton and the twins. I'd wake up MOTN disoriented and not remember I'd put them back after nursing. It def scares you.

I also have to regularly ask MH and have him say out loud "yes, they'll be fine". It's like I let myself go down the rabbit hole and I need him to tell me it's going to be okay.

Sleep deprivation really messes with you. Even now, 7mo later, when they sleep like poop I have issues making sane, rational decisions. I logically, rationally understand how/what I'm supposed to think but I have a hard time getting out of my own head, if that makes sense.

• While DD was still in the NICU I had gone to bed one night before DH and jumped out of bed and searched the crib for DD. Then I ran out in the living room and searched the pack n play. Then I went over to DH to see if he was holding her. Suddenly I realized she was still in the NICU. For part of it I'm pretty sure I was sleepwalking. It was so scary!!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    imageimage
  • LucyRicardo3LucyRicardo3 member
    edited February 2014
    I've been having weird dreams of being told (in my dreams) by a nurse when I'm try to get through NICU security to the Cribside that I don't have a child there, that I must have dreamed it all up.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers  image

Lilypie - (9CKY)Lilypie - (xzY1)

• Oh ladies I'm sorry you also have dreams like this but it feels good to know I'm not the only one.
    image image
    Married 8/9/13
    Ashton James Rogers 10/29/13

image  image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"