Attachment Parenting

Woven Wrap vs Ring Sling

Just wondering if one is better than the other for you ladies.... I am planning to make myself (and some for gifts as you can't get them here) a ring sling once the rings arrive.

I have a Boba wrap (Moby) and a African Cloth I use to tie DD on my back. I haven't used the Boba since DD was about 6 months as its hot here and it was too sweaty, but I do use the African cloth a lot. I wanted to make a ring sling to hold her on my hip as she wants to be held all the time in the kitchen and #2 is on the way! BTW I looked for a picture online of me wearing her on my back with the cloth but I didn't see one---Its literally just a piece of material. I wrap it around her, tuck it under itself in front and go! It's how people in Ghana carry their kids--my DH is Ghanaian.

Ideas?
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Woven Wrap vs Ring Sling

• I like ring slings for short trips and a woven for longer wearing - I don't find a single shoulder carry as comfortable for long periods with a heavier baby.

If you liked using the boba wrap, I think you'd like a woven.  A bit longer wrap would give you some different carry options than the torso carry you've been doing.  Totally doable to DIY too since it sounds like you sew.  And a thin woven is definitely cooler than the boba wrap!
  • ClaryPax said:
      Is the African Cloth considered a woven wrap?  If so then, I would go for the ring sling since it sounds like you have a woven type one already. 
    It is literally just a piece of African material--like that they make African dresses and attire out of. It isn't long enough to do all the tying you do with a woven on your back---the way you tie it wouldn't work on a hike as the jostling would make the baby loose but it works for putting her to sleep or hanging clothes or short walks to the store.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • You can use a woven like a ring sling as well. I know lots of ladies who have a woven and just get sling rings and do a hip carry like you'd do a ring sling. I prefer wovens since you can do so many carries with them. Things like comfy back carries, comfy front carries, and hip carries. They are loads more versatile and comfy than a ring sling.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"