Late Term and Child Loss

GTKY - Pet Edition

NoetholaNoethola member
edited February 2014 in Late Term and Child Loss
***siggy warning***

Name some pets you had while growing up:

Do you have pets now? Names, types, etc?

If you could have one exotic pet regardless of danger or feed/vet bills, what would you choose?

What is your favorite thing about one of your pets (past or present)?

Ps. Im almost 38 weeks, so getting close to baby time. For the weeks Mrs Nice isnt able to, would anyone else be willing to run this? Not sure how active I will be for a while after he comes. 

Lilypie - (qptF)

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
"Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

Re: GTKY - Pet Edition

• Name some pets you had while growing up:  Susie (black lab), Purdy (cockapoo), Gus (West Highland White Terrier), Hannah (Schnauzer), Emma & Irma (hampsters)
    Do you have pets now? Names, types, etc?  Yes, a Cocker Spaniel named Chesney
    If you could have one exotic pet regardless of danger or feed/vet bills, what would you choose?  A pig isnt really exotic....well maybe a teacup pig is but I looooooooooooooooooooooooooooove pigs :)    I get a pig calendar every year so I can look at pigs all day, LOL
    What is your favorite thing about one of your pets (past or present)?   My current dog Chesney is the most even tempered sweetest dog ever. She always knows when I'm upset and is extra cuddly with me :)

Do you need someone to take over all the checkins? If you tell me which ones there are I can run them... I used to run check ins on the IF boards.
    Me: 33, Endocrine issues & FVL       DH: 32, Nothing 
    NTNP 2009-2012         TTC since 2012:
    • Clomid, 2 IUI cycles, and 5 IVF cycles = BFN
    • FET #1   August 2013 = BFP!     EDD 5/11/14
    • Jack dx at 19w1d with Dandy Walker on 12/16/13
    • Severe Pre-e /HELLP set in Jack born sleeping at 20w1d on 12/23/13
    • FET #2 --July 2014  BFP!  ---  EDD  4/5/15

Jack has handpicked his sibling up there :)

My blog about IF and loss ... Kate's IF Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Anniversary

• @kflynn81: A friend from HS recently bought a "cute little pig" and it has done nothing except poop and vomit everywhere. Her posts on FB are the only thing that have brought me a smile, though twisted.

Growing up: Gretchen (schnoodle), Scooter (schnoodle), Tootsie (African Grey parrot), Popeye (Yellow Amazon parrot)

Current pets: Daisy (whippet mix) in siggy

Exotic pet: I'll take a baby panda bear, please.

Favorite thing about pet past/current: Daisy has no idea she is a dog. She has helped me so much through many dark infertility moments and now again with this loss. It is amazing how much she senses from me, even when I try to fake it--she does not buy it. Yesterday I had to practically beg her to take a treat, which is totally not like her--she is Treaty McTreaterson and will try to scam them as often as possible usually. :)

TTC since 10/2010
    IUIs # 1-5 = BFFN
    IVF # 1(July 2012) = BFN
    IVF # 2 (November 2012) = BFP (MIssed MC D&C @ 8w3d on 1/10/13)
    IVF # 3 (June 2013) = BFN 
    IVF # 4 (September 2013) = BFP Fraternal twin boys! (Loss at 21w6d due to IC on 1/26/14...devastated.)
    3/21/14--TAC (transabdominal cerclage) w/Dr. Davis in NJ
    IVF # 5 (May 2014) = BFN
    FET (August 2014) = BFN

• Loading the player...
  • VyD81VyD81 member
    edited February 2014
    Name some pets you had while growing up: Fidele, a female chihuahua born 2 days after me, she was my best friend for 8 years. Kepi, a male chihuahua that was 12 lbs, he was a chunker. 

Do you have pets now? Names, types, etc? I have Ripley, an 8 years old human in a pug body, extremely spoiled. I also have Romo, a 4 yrs old female Rottweiler that thinks she's a pug.  RIP to my beloved Roofus, a spoiled human pug. He passed away 2 years ago to a heart tumor. 

If you could have one exotic pet regardless of danger or feed/vet bills, what would you choose? I love bears cubs, especially polar bears. So, if I can have one cub and keep him as a cub that would be amazing. 

What is your favorite thing about one of your pets (past or present)? Roofus watched TV and anything on a monitor. I missed his nose prints on my laptop, he would sit on my lap when I'm working and watched the screen. Ripley will snuggle any chance he gets and wants to be cover up with a blanket. 
    Ticker id: ra2f

BFP #2, EDD 12/26/14, please be our rainbow.

• Name some pets you had while growing up: Pebbles and Bambam (cats) Grace (cat) an assortment of hermit crabs (a Christmas gift from my BIL which he thought was very funny! I quickly found them new homes!)

Do you have pets now? Names, types, etc? Trix, Sydney, and Nemo - all cats

If you could have one exotic pet regardless of danger or feed/vet bills, what would you choose? I am definitely a cat person, so maybe a white tiger?

What is your favorite thing about one of your pets (past or present)? My Trix is so smart - she can open cupboard doors and drawers and always convinces the other two cats to do things they aren't supposed to while she sits and watches. While I was pregnant, she would sit on my lap with her head on my belly and just purr. She loved Colton.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • Name some pets you had while growing up:  Ham the guinea pig, Bear the dog, Spooky the dog <3  RIP to them all <3

Do you have pets now? Names, types, etc?  We have 3 indoor cats, Foyer, Brigid and Jenny.  1 outdoor cat named Gracie, and 5 chickens-Dandy, Snowball, Glad, Oreo and Pearl(who is a rooster, lol)  RIP to Edna the chick, who died a few weeks ago <3

If you could have one exotic pet regardless of danger or feed/vet bills, what would you choose?  I think I would choose to have a gibbon- they are so smart and friendly!

What is your favorite thing about one of your pets (past or present)?  My favorite thing about Dandy the chick is that she is such a brat, lol.  She doesn't like the other chickens and just does her own thing.  Lately, that has been plopping down in front of the heat lamp for some peace and quiet in the coop while the rest of the flock goes outside! 

Anniversary

TTC since 2008
    Dh:34, no issues.  Me:31, Endo, slightly hypothyroid, deformed ovary, paracentric inversion.
    4 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone +TI cycles= all BFN
    Lap in 2012 to remove large unresolving cyst discovered endo and double lobed ovary.
     6 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone IUI cycles= All BFN,
    1st IVF w/ICSI- June '13 Antagonist: Gonal-F, Menopur, Ganirelix, HcG, Estradiol, Crinone= 7 retrieved, 4 mature, 1 unfertilized, 2 abnormally fertilized, 1 normally fertilized.  2DT of only embryo and our miracle BFP.
    Our beloved baby boy was born sleeping Oct. 13, 2013 due to pROM/IC/Uterine infection.
    2nd IVF w/ICSI- Feb. '14 EPP/lupron/antagonist: Estrace, lupron, HGH, Gonal-F, Menopur, HcG, PIO, lovenox, doxy/dex.=21 retrieved, 16 mature, 15 fertilized!!  5dt of 1 blast/ 6 frozen. BFP!  Beta 1 9dp5dt:83.9  Beta 2: 11dp5dt: 145.2  Beta 3  14dp5dt: 497  Please be our sticky rainbow baby!

imageimage
  • @kflynn81: A friend from HS recently bought a "cute little pig" and it has done nothing except poop and vomit everywhere. Her posts on FB are the only thing that have brought me a smile, though twisted.

Growing up: Gretchen (schnoodle), Scooter (schnoodle), Tootsie (African Grey parrot), Popeye (Yellow Amazon parrot)

Current pets: Daisy (whippet mix) in siggy

Exotic pet: I'll take a baby panda bear, please.

Favorite thing about pet past/current: Daisy has no idea she is a dog. She has helped me so much through many dark infertility moments and now again with this loss. It is amazing how much she senses from me, even when I try to fake it--she does not buy it. Yesterday I had to practically beg her to take a treat, which is totally not like her--she is Treaty McTreaterson and will try to scam them as often as possible usually. :)
    Oh no!!!  DH looked into getting me a tea cup pig but theyre SO expensive. We live in a rural/suburban area so I doubt anyone would look twice at a pig, LOL but maybe I'm glad we never got one!!!!
    Me: 33, Endocrine issues & FVL       DH: 32, Nothing 
    NTNP 2009-2012         TTC since 2012:
    • Clomid, 2 IUI cycles, and 5 IVF cycles = BFN
    • FET #1   August 2013 = BFP!     EDD 5/11/14
    • Jack dx at 19w1d with Dandy Walker on 12/16/13
    • Severe Pre-e /HELLP set in Jack born sleeping at 20w1d on 12/23/13
    • FET #2 --July 2014  BFP!  ---  EDD  4/5/15

Jack has handpicked his sibling up there :)

My blog about IF and loss ... Kate's IF Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Anniversary

• Name some pets you had while growing up:  Hollie, Goldie, Sam, Blueberry, Snickers, Tipper

Do you have pets now? We have two dogs: a mutt named Molly and a boxer named Lando. Oh, and DD has a fish named Chewbacca (yes 2/3 of our pets are named after Star Wars characters!)

If you could have one exotic pet regardless of danger or feed/vet bills, what would you choose?  A dolphin. Guess I'd need a pool, too!

What is your favorite thing about one of your pets (past or present)?  I just love when the dogs let DD dress them up.  They are always such good sports.

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Do you have pets now? Names, types, etc?  A dog name Sparkie, she is a American Bulldog/Pit Bull mix. A betta fish named Turnpike.

If you could have one exotic pet regardless of danger or feed/vet bills, what would you choose?  Don't know.

What is your favorite thing about one of your pets (past or present)? Sparkie is very loving and was a good big doggie sister to Brooke.

Brooke Elizabeth born Feb 17, 2013 grew wings May 9, 2013 @ 11 weeks & 4 days old from SIDS

PitaPata Dog tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Ticker warning

Name some pets you had while growing up:  Oh gosh, we had a ton....dog, cat, rabbits, hampsters, parakeets, fish, frogs.

Do you have pets now? Names, types, etc?  Two cats, Zoey will be 12 this summer and Vinny is almost 6.

If you could have one exotic pet regardless of danger or feed/vet bills, what would you choose?  I can't think of anything.  Even the cute ones (like monkeys) can be so dangerous.  I guess I have watched Fatal Attractions too much. 

What is your favorite thing about one of your pets (past or present)?  My cat Zoey has been with me since I lived alone in my very first apartment.  He's my baby....he's huge (not fat, just a big big cat).  He doesn't snuggle much anymore since we took Vinny in, he doesn't like Vinny and Vinny takes advantage of our laps too much to give Zoey a chance.  But when he looks at me and meows, I still see my little baby kitten.  He's my "first born", lol.
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Name some pets you had while growing up: Dimaond, Bear, MIdnight, Poutine, Chloe, Cowboy, Goldie and Tidus

Do you have pets now? Names, types, etc? I have two cats, Calvin and Opi which are a mix between tabby and a ragdoll. I also have an Alaskan Malamute named Suh

If you could have one exotic pet regardless of danger or feed/vet bills, what would you choose?  An elephant :)

What is your favorite thing about one of your pets (past or present)? My dog Suh was my best friend while off.  Despite her breed she is VERY VERY mellow.  And she always sits on my feet when I sit in my recliner. She is the best :)

*******************************************************************************************************************
    BFP#1 March24,2011  MC on May 29,2011 BFP#2 Sept,2011 MC Oct 2011 (Molar)
    Started Progestrone Treatment, BFP#3 May 10,2013  PROM/PRL on Sept 7 2013
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers   
    image        Use Ovuline to most accurately track your ovulation
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• My Prince is a Lhasa Apso
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"