October 2013 Moms
Options

Sick baby?

DS has been congested the past couple if days and has been really out of it today. Lethargic, and he just projectile vomited on DH. He doesn't have a fever or anything, so I haven't really been concerned until just now with the crazy vomit. Is it fine to wait it out and see if he's feeling better tomorrow? It doesn't seem like an emergency, but I feel like I just don't have a clue.

Ahh! Why do I know nothing about babies?!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sick baby?

• Options
    Call your pediatrician and let them know the symptoms.  They will tell you whether to go in now or to wait til the next day.  Last time LO wasn't feeling good they fit me in that day b/c of the symptoms he had.  Luckily it was nothing bad/

• Options
    Thanks ladies. He's acted subdued but happy since the vom-splosion. I think you are probably right about swallowing mucous, @ElleStaxx.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @JarynA - we were just talking about this in tinylittlechef's post. I won't rehash what I said, but take a look at my comments about RSV. Big thing is listen for wheezing or rattling. Hope you LO gets better ASAP! Sick babies are the worst. :(

• Options
    Thanks. What is the title? I will read through that. He just vomited everything up again. So that's great. I left a message with the on-call pediatrician but have yet to hear back.
  • Options
    I just read it and read a little on RSV. It could definitely be that. Which I'm sure will get us sent back to children's due to how sick his lungs were at birth. So that's totes a possibility.
  • Options
    JarynA said:

I just read it and read a little on RSV. It could definitely be that. Which I'm sure will get us sent back to children's due to how sick his lungs were at birth. So that's totes a possibility.

Sorry! Just got finished putting LO down for bed, so slow to help find the discussion. I hope not since he had lung probs at birth. Bless his heart! Sending get well vibes his way! If you have any worries overnight, I would just take him on to the ER. My doc said RSV is rampant this year. I hadn't had LO anywhere and he still got it. :(

• Options
    The doctor said she wants to avoid sending him to the ER if possible, so for now to try some clear pedialite. If he continues to vomit, refuses to nurse, or had problems breathing she will reassess.
  • Options
    My doctor wanted to avoid it too. His things were if his temp got over 101 and if his breathing turned to "panting" to head that way. Glad you have a doctor on call that you can contact first.

I don't know about you, but I am ready for spring to be here and all this ole crud to go away! Good luck tonight. I hope he can keep his food down. Keep us posted please!

• Options
    He's refusing the pedialite. The last meal he kept down was at 12:30, though. So he really needs to eat! I doubt we'll be able to avoid the ER but maybe we'll get lucky and he'll turn the corner.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! He's doing much better today! DH took him to the doctor this morning just to be on the safe side though (I am at work today). The doctor said it was probably a virus and to give him a little pedialyte with his milk today.

Of course the poor kid can't win though. DH tried to clip his nails this morning and nicked his finger. DH said DS screamed at him pretty good for that :-( but the nurse was impressed with DH's bandage skills haha!
  • Options
    Glad to hear he is feeling better! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"