May 2014 Moms

New Symptoms

I am now 25 weeks along with my baby girl and starting about a week or so ago I have felt episodes of feeling a little weak to where I just feel like I need to sit down and let it pass. At first it was only in the morning while I was standing and getting ready for work (I had already eaten so I know it wasn't just because I had an empty stomach) but I've felt it while at work and at other times - usually about once or twice a day (but not every single day). At the same time, I sometimes feel as if I'm nauseous but I'm not so sure. There hasn't been a decrease in movement at all so I'm not really worried about the baby but I just never had this symptom until now and wondering if anyone else has noticed the same thing? 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: New Symptoms

• iv had some similar feelings and I figured it had to do with my balance being off with the big bump....but it could also be lack of iron.....id call your OB to be sure

BabyFruit Ticker

• jennish11 said:

I've noticed fatigue coming back the last few weeks - but it could also be low iron.

You should contact your OB to talk about it and see if you should be re-tested for anemia.

Yup, this. Or even just have your BP checked.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Anemia can appear later in pregnancy (my OB tests at 8 weeks and at 28 weeks) or you could just be tired.  I actually googled something about feeling slightly dizzy during pregnancy and everything said it was a fairly normal thing to experience now and then.

It can never hurt to call your OB if you're concerned though, especially if you have more than a couple episodes.
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• Thank you ladies!! Luckily I already have an OB appointment on Monday for a regular monthly checkup so I will bring it up with her then. I'm assuming they're also going to be scheduling my glucose test so maybe I can get checked for iron levels as well! I read something that said 50% of pregnant women have iron deficiency - crazy! Oh the joys of pregnancy! ;) 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Just had my checkup today and it's definitely not anything to do with my blood pressure so that's great--the nurse is thinking I may be a little dehydrated so I'm going to try and drink a ton more water (which is hard for me because I typically don't like drinking it--I've stocked up on those to-go crystal light/lipton things you can squirt into your water for help!). I'll be getting my bloodwork done in about a week or two for glucose and they'll test then for any signs of anemia. Hoping I just need more water! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • If you need to drink more but don't like plain water, don't forget that any noncaffeinated beverage with a low sugar content will help keep you hydrated. Watered-down sports drink or fruit juice, (chocolate) milk, decaf tea or pregnancy-safe herbal tea, etc. Watery fruits and veggies aid hydration also -- think cucumbers, berries, melon -- and so do foods with high water content, like hot cereal and lower-sodium soup.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• RandD6 said:

Thank you ladies!! Luckily I already have an OB appointment on Monday for a regular monthly checkup so I will bring it up with her then. I'm assuming they're also going to be scheduling my glucose test so maybe I can get checked for iron levels as well! I read something that said 50% of pregnant women have iron deficiency - crazy! Oh the joys of pregnancy! ;) 

Definitely mention it at your appointment. I've been on iron tabs since 10 weeks and they really help. Also having a snack on hand is a good idea. I keep something sugary in my bag or have a decaf coffee with a spoon of sugar if I'm at work. Good luck.

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"