I am back to the bump! — The Bump
Pregnant after IF

I am back to the bump!

Hi ladiieessss! I was an avid poster on the boards here for a while but about a year ago I stopped posting after our 3rd fresh IVF cycle failed :( We did another fresh cycle in December, sadly it ended in a CP (our 2nd fresh cycle also ended in a CP). It was however the first time we made it to a 5 day transfer, our only issue is severe MFI. My question is have any of you had success after numerous IVF cycles? We have done everything under the sun - ICSI, PICSI, assisted hatching, coculture, various vitamins, every test known to man! My hubby is not open to donor sperm, at least not yet...we have 2 fresh and 3 frozen cycles left in our package so will be cycling again in the next few months. Our REs office is amazing and have gone so above and beyond trying to make our dreams comes true. I just wanted to say hello and hope you are all doing well :)

Re: I am back to the bump!

• mfi wasn't our issue, but good luck to you!!  It's nice to hear that you have such a supportive RE office
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Mama to Three Girls: 
    Twins born March 2014 at 26 weeks due to preterm labor
    and our 37weeker born May 9th, 2016!

• Hi there!

I have not done numerous cycles, but I'm wondering if a frozen transfer is possible for you next. Do you have any embies frozen? The reason I ask is because a lot of REs are starting to recommend frozen transfers over fresh cycles. They are finding that the success rates are equally the same, but your body has so much less stress on it if you do a frozen cycle.

Have you tried acupuncture? It's not the end all be all of course, but I'm sure you are open to suggestions. Your DH could try it too!
    IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • We did 3 fresh cycles to get this bfp. The 3rd one, we changed from antagonist to long lupron protocol, did acupuncture, worked w a reproductive immunologist (still are actually-she put me on metformin, prednisone, lovenox , a whole bunch of vitamins and monthly ivig infusions) went low carb/ lost about 40lbs. I'll never know what changed things for us. Good luck!
    "Everything will be alright in the end. So if it's not alright, it is not yet the end."
    Me:29 DH:29  TTC since 1/11 Dx: unexplained IF/early DOR/immune issues 
    Feb'12- July'12-testing(all clear minus slight arcuate ute), 3 IUI with clomid all BFN
    8/30IVF#1 Antagonist protocol- ER 9/11-8R, 7M, 5F. 
    ET 9/14 2 embies transferred. 1 10cell Grade 4, 1 8cell Grade 4. No frosties. BFN
    IVF#2 Antagonist protocol plus baby aspirin- ER 12/5-16R, 12M, 8F!
    ET 12/10 5dt! 1 fully expanded blast & 1 early blast. No frosties. BFN
    3/13 hysteroscopy & polypectomy, 
    Consulted w Dr. Kwak-Kim.  
    DX: High NK cells, cytokines, DHEAs& PAI1;  hypothyroid, +APA, restricted bloodflow
    7/13 IVF#3 Long lupron protocol with PIO, Crinone, Prometrium, and vivelle
    (plus synthroid, metformin, baby asa, metanx, PNV, Vit E, D, calcium, fish oil, CoQ10, IVIg infusions and lovenox per Dr. Kwak-kim)
    ER 7/19 14R, 11M, 9F(4 natural fert, 5 with ICSI)
    ET 5dt 7/24 2 fully expanded blasts.  SURPRISE 3 FROSTIES!!!
    Beta #1 8/2 335!!!! Beta #2 829!!!  1st u/s 8/14 showed TWINS!!!!!
    11/11: TEAM PURPLE!!!!!
    3/21/14-L&W born at 37w via csection

Here Comes the Sun Blog
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • Yes, after 3 failed cycles, we had success on our 4th. So do not give up hope!! Have you thought of doing PGS/CCS testing on your embryos? This can tell you if you have an issue with your embryos or possibly there is an issue that has not been identified with you. It can also save a lot of heartbreak by not transferring abnormal embryos. Another thought is to ask to have an endometrial scratch. There are several of us that were having "unexplained implantation failure" and have had successful cycles after having this done. I don't know specifically what is causing your MFI, but my DH had vericocele surgery and has super high quality swimmers now, so we think that really helped our embryos. There's no way to know what changes do the trick. Sometimes it's a simple tweak, a change in protocol, a new doc, a new clinic...GL, and I hope you have success soon! 

*****Siggy/Ticker Warning*****

Me (34)- no issues found MH (36)- MFI due to Vericocele. Straight to IVF w/ICSI 9/12, Antagonist. 9R, 7M, 5F = BFN c/p,  New RE for IVF #2- 1/13., Long Lupron. ER on 1/22 -10R, 9M, 9F. Transfer on hold due to overstimming. FET in Feb. 2 frozen blasts. Another BFN & another c/p. RPL testing all negative besides MTHFR gene, vericocle repair surgery 4/12/13-Bilateral Grade 3 Vericocele found & fixed, IVF #3 with PGS  4/13- 11R, 9M, 9F. Transferred 2 normal=BFN, 3 normal on ice. CCRM-here we come! ODWU-All test results normal. EPP in August. 21R, 20M, 19F. 12 blasts biopsied & frozen for CCS testing. Results showed 11 normal! FET Oct. 30. 2 5d 4AA blasts transferred. First ever BFP!!! Beta 1=216, Beta 2=870 1st U/S=It's TWINS!!! It's a BOY and a GIRL!! Everyone Welcome!!! 
                                       Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker
    auntjessy
  • Thank you all ladies! We actually did have a phone consult with Dr Sasson at Shady Grove and he actually agreed with the diagnosis and treatments so far - what is causing my hubby's severe MFI is an elevated FSH which they say is like menopause in a man so there is nothing they can do for it :( He did recommend a vitamin called Conception XR which he took with the last cycle, first time we ever made it to a 5dt but it sadly ended in a CP :( So he is taking it again now in preparation for our next fresh cycle - our REs office does do PGD but since the basic and more extensive genetic testing we had done all came back normal they do not think it's necessary.  We only had embies make it to freeze after our first cycle, 3 made it - we did a FET of those 3 and it wa s a BFN :(  Our protocol l has been tweaked each time and we are willing to do and try anything at this point!  Thanks for welcoming me back with open arms! :)
  • Thanks for sharing.  I am only on cycle #2 but have often wondered where my bottom line is going to be.  You girls are so strong and I admire you for pushing forward again and again and eventually getting your BFP.  It makes me never want to give up!

f/k/a/ Kari3629

Me: 40/DH: 34

Unexplained IF

IVF #1 - 9/2013 8ER/5M/4EF/4ET = BFN

IVF #2 - 2/2014 - Fingers crossed this is the one!

4ER/3EF/3 "beautiful embryos" transferred - Beta March 7 = BFN :(

Everyone Welcome!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageimage

• aw thanks, good luck to you!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards