Breastfeeding
Options

Nipple lesion

Baby took a chunk out of my nipple when he was first breastfeeding.  He is now 7 weeks old and I am still not fully healed.  I tried all purpose nipple ointment and taking breaks from feeding on that side when possible.  Any other suggestions?

Re: Nipple lesion

• Options
    My lo is 14 weeks now and I lost a huge chunk out of my right nipple in the first week or so. Finally the pain got too much around 8 weeks and the only thing that helped was strictly pumping.. It still took another 4 weeks or so on top of that to heal. I had tried apno and breaks prior to that. Mine was worst than most though. Good luck!
  • Options
    Thanks, I try to pump when I can but it is almost impossible since lo will only nap on me
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    In the same situation so I am just pumping on that side when I can, I have good supply and the LC doctor said lets heal up that first then worry about rebuilding supply on that side since I'm still nursing on the other side she said its not a big deal if supply drops on the damaged side which is fine by my cause my nipple totally needs to heal that's important plus many women have exclusively fed babies on only one side
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"