October 2014 Moms

UPDATE Bfp then bfn??

CmegertonCmegerton member
edited February 2014 in October 2014 Moms
I really hope this isn't happening again. After a misccarriage in November and a chemical last month does anyone have any advice? I got my bfp (very obvious) yesterday at 9dpo and woke up this morning and took another one to make sure it was getting darker and BFN!!!! What the hell!! Has anyone had this happen and the still get another bfp and have a healthy pregnancy? I just don't wanna believe this is happening again!

I had blood work done and it came back negative and I havnt had anymore positive tests in the last couple days and my temp has dropped a whole degree in 2 days and is now below coverline so I'm expecting AF any time now. I have an appointment with my OB next week as this is now number 4 in a row we have lost so I've had a ton of blood work taken to see what could be wrong so hopefully will get it sorted out. Thanks for letting me hang with you guys and H&H 9 months :)

Re: UPDATE Bfp then bfn??

• What type of test did you use?  Were they the same?  You're still really early so maybe the one you took this morning wasn't as sensitive?  Fingers crossed everything is okay.  I would test again tomorrow morning with FMU and a FRER.
    BFP #1 4/6/12 CP 4/10/12 @5 wks

BFP #2 5/6/12 EDD 1/16/13  DD born on her EDD 1/16/13

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP #3 1/26/14 EDD 10/9/14

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had my BFP on wed and got a BFN yesterday with a different test. I then tested today with a digital and got a BFP. Maybe it's the test. I too have had a few CP's and a miscarriage in October.
    Hoping this is a sticky baby for you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I would also test again with a digital. The cheaper brands never work for me. Also get a confirmation from your Dr. I've been through a miscarriage and chemical pregnancies so I feel your pain. Sending you a hug.
  • Definitely try in the morning using a FRER with FMU. Good luck!

I would do this too. I'm sorry, I know how awful this can be. Really hoping it's not happening again. FX for you!

image image image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Agree with others. Test again. It is so stressful and I hope this is a sticky baby for you!

4 losses- MC in 2006, MMC in February 2012 at 12 weeks and MMC (twins) August 2016 at 12 weeks. Pregnant again- 11/7/16. Another loss on December 28, 2016.

BFP April 23, 2017.  Our triple rainbow baby! EDD: January 2, 2018. It's a boy!
  • I only ever use FRER and I got blood done this morning ( I found a place open on Saturdays) and before I got the result back I took 2 more test and one was blatantly positive and the other one stark white!!! Like what the heck!!! Then the doc rang and said progesterone was 40.4 and HCG was less then 1 !!! I'm sooo confused!! I know I can't be pregnant blood doesn't lie, but the 2 positives I got came up within the first couple minutes and were pink. I have no clue what to think
  • Is the doctor having you do any further blood work?
    BFP #1 (m/c at 9 weeks, 11/11) BFP #2 (DS, 12/11/12) BFP #3 (EDD 10/8/14)
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I have a friend that got negative after negative...including blood tests. But after 4 mints of no period and her just "feeling pregnant", she insisted. They did an ultrasound, and she was right. She was already 4 months pregnant. I don't know why her blood work came back negative.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Nope no more blood work, i suppose I'll just wait and see and if AF doesn't come I'll insist on more blood work but in feeling pretty unsure. My temps are still way up high so who knows.

That's crazy that your friend kept getting negative blood work and still ended up being pregnant! I'm just so ready for it to be my turn now.
  • How totally frustrating for you, I am so sorry.  I hope the doctors are wrong and you have your miracle baby!

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"