Clicky Poll - Sanitizing Bottles

GraceInCAGraceInCA member
edited January 2014 in June 2013 Moms

Clicky Poll - Sanitizing Bottles 127 votes

EBF. No bottles anywhere to be found.
6% 8 votes
I never sanitize.
26% 34 votes
I have only sanitized a couple of times.
33% 42 votes
I sanitize once a month.
5% 7 votes
I sanitize twice a month.
3% 5 votes
I sanitize once a week.
6% 8 votes
I sanitize a couple of times a week.
5% 7 votes
I sanitize after every use or daily.
10% 13 votes
Grace, do not put your adult toys in the dishwasher please. Gross.
2% 3 votes

Re: Clicky Poll - Sanitizing Bottles

• Options
    I use Playtex drop and bottle liners ;)
    ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    imageimage
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Um I have actually just been rinsing my pump parts or putting them in the fridge during the day at work. I'm super lazy. BUT when I wash things in the dishwasher every other day-ish there is a "sanitize" setting and I do a heavy/hot water wash so that should do the trick, right? 
    I also let G eat raisins off the floor, even in public, mainly because I'm not quick enough to stop him. No one in our house has even had a cold in over a year though! 

• Options
    I put them in the dishwasher along with my pump parts every night and hit the sanitize button. I am not worried about germs but I figure they get enough of them living in this house with our 2 dogs and cat. I rarely clean their toys and the kids are always rolling around on my dirty floors.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Dishwasher nightly, boil them once once a week. I only consider the boiling sanitizing.
  • Options
    I voted that I never sanitize because I never INTENTIONALLY sanitize but our bottles do run through the dishwasher as they fit and we're ready to run it.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options
    I sanitize when they seem particularly icky- like if we left them soaking for a day and forgot to wash them and the BM film seems to not be coming off. Or if we're on the go (traveling, I always bring my manual pump just in case- and Miss A is too special to drink from a bottle that has been washed with a sponge used on anything other than her dishes.... my high maintenance kid ;-P )I use the pump & steam bags.
    imageimage
    Our lil' diva: late like her Momma: 40 weeks 5 days!
  • Options
    I have sterilized them a total of 2 times. Once before they were used and then another time when Grayson was 3 or 4 months old. They get washed in hot soapy water.
    image imageimageimage
  • Options
    I sterilize after I buy them and that's it. I sanitize my pump parts every few weeks or so.
  • Options
    I voted a couple times a week because I always run the dishwasher on the sanitize setting, but only when it is full and ready to be started. Between dishwasher washings I just hand wash and air dry.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    LO refuses a bottle, but for my pump I sterilized daily until he was 6 months, after just wash with soap and hot water. I was told that was recommended...so much easier to not boil it all.the.time!!

• Options
    lioness13 said:

I use Playtex drop and bottle liners ;)

This. I've sanitized the nipples a couple of times, but now it's just been hot water and soap.

BFP#1 6/4/12 EDD 2/10/13 M/C 6/12/12
    BFP#2 9/28/12 EDD 6/5/13 J.B. born 6/6/13

Anniversary

• Options
    I wash the bottles we use each day in the dishwasher on the sanitize setting. I've never boiled anything, not even the first time the bottle is opened.

When I was pumping I put my pump parts in the dishwasher too. I kinda feel that if I can eat and drink off of stuff coming out of the dishwasher, then so can LO. She has never had a problem due to my cleaning methods.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"