January 2014 Moms
Options

Fussy baby support thread

blue_elleblue_elle member
edited January 2014 in January 2014 Moms
Ok moms of fussy babies, you know who you are. If your back is about to break from hours pacing and bouncing, you've spent part of your day crying WITH the baby, and/or have seriously considered taking stock in ear plugs, time to air your frustrations.

Mason started getting fussy around 2 wks old. There's no whining here, he's zero to sixty in a blink. Everything upsets him - hunger, sleepiness, diaper/clothing changes, nothing at all. I bought and devoured Happiest Baby on the Block and it is helping, though I know when I'm frustrated/desperate I rush and don't do things right, which just escalates things. My arms are going to fall off from jiggling him.

It makes me so sad that I can't just fix what's wrong, and I want my happy baby back. I just keep telling myself over and over - this too shall pass! I told him last night that I'll be so happy when he starts smiling so I know he doesn't hate me ;)
-----------------------------------------------------------------

mutt_zps2fb5f039-1_zps7220f27c
BFP 11.8.12 * EDD 7.17.13 * MC 12.20.12
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 photo bump_zpsf1e8435c.jpgRIP Post Count

Re: Fussy baby support thread

• Options
    Dd is fussy from 7 to 830 every night. Makes dinner interesting because if we try to make dinner earlier it just extends her fussy period. Luckily DH is always home at that time so if she's really bad he'll just take her to the nursery while she cries to let me eat in peace.
  • Options
    I wish I had words of support. I haven't hit that phase yet, but I'm thinking LO will be fussy once she starts to wake up more. She's still in the sleepy newborn phase, but when she happens to be awake, she does fuss quite a bit until I put her back on the boob whether or not she is hungry. I'm basically her human pacifier and she doesn't take a regular paci, so it does get frustrating. I have fears she will be colicky or have some kind of dairy allergy like so many others in my family, which will make things much more difficult.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Crying is a blessing in disguise. If you look at this way, crying helps build lung development and if you are BF, the sound of their cry helps your milk comes in. My parents actually gave me ear plugs so I can let DD cry. Also babies feed off on your feelings mama, they can tell when you're stress and it stresses them out too. Stay calm and this stage shall pass.
  • Options
    DS is almost 4 weeks old and has gotten really bad this past week. He hated being put down and having his diaper changed before, but lately he's been pretty inconsolable. He isn't sleeping as well, is crying if he's not on the boob, but gets fussy and upset if he's on too long. Today we found out he's got GERD. It's nice to know there's a reason, and that it's not me making things up, but it's still difficult. I feel so bad that I was getting so frustrated with him, but on top of not sleeping or eating I'm in bad shape too. We are starting medication today so hopefully things will pick up soon. But it's rough. You're not alone!!
  • Options
    Julia started getting fussy at 1 week old. She would cry on and off (more on) from early evening until 1-2am. It was miserable. We changed her formula and started giving her gas drops at every feeding and she got better. At 1 month she is still fussy almost every evening, but now it's not as bad and only lasts until 10-11pm. I definitely think when we stay more calm and not get frustrated, she is better. When it gets bad, we use the 5 S's from Happiest Baby on the Block and they usually help, even if it's only temporary. Right now she's a little more fussy because she had thrush but we just got some meds for it so hopefully that will help.
  • Options
    Yes! Aubrey is 2 weeks and all of a sudden is crazy fussy! I'm convinced she hates me. Anyone else holds her, she falls right to sleep. I even look at her and she is screaming. This is not easy since we are alone most of the day and I take care of her completely at night. I'm going out of my mind.
  • Options
    We have a cryer here. He's hysterical every single day between 5 and 9 pm. My back is killing me. It's gotten to the point that I just wait until 8 pm bc I know it will get better. Ahhh I hope it will get better soon.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry ladies. DS1 was a super colicky newborn and cried all. day. long. It was torture and many days I cried right along with him. We did lots of bouncing, jiggling, baby wearing, walking, anything to try and prevent or stop crying. But you are right OP, it does pass. DS1 is a super awesome 22 month old, he rarely cries, and he's a great sleeper too.
  • Options
    I'm thinking LO has reflux too :( But I can't take him to the pedi until my ins gets their shit together. He's 5wks now, and while the fussiness has settled down a smidge, DH and I still want to pull our hair out. And DS1 has been so freaking needy lately, so it makes it more difficult to handle. Which only makes DS2's fussiness even worse because he feeds off our energy SO easily.
    Jake on swing AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"