December 2013 Moms

Merena

Who else got one and how long did the cramping last? I just got mine put in and ohhh man did I forget how cramps felt and how much the suck.

Re: Merena

• I got paraguard and cramping lasted for about 2 days.

imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Dec '13 June Siggy - Awkward Swimsuit Photo

• Oh yuck. My back just started hurting and cramping but cuts starting to fade a little. Hoping it's not too bad tomorrow
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm glad you posted about this because I just got mine too yesterday. Cramping is a lot better today than yesterday but still feeling little twinges here and there.
    BFP#1 9/28/2012 - EDD 6/3/2013 - MMC discovered 11/21/2012 @ 12w2d - D&C 11/24/2012
    BFP#2 4/4/2013 - Born at 37w3d on 11/26/13 via emergency c-section
    Loving our beautiful rainbow baby boy Archer!

~*All AL Welcome*~
  • I got it last week and my cramping was really bad the second day I thought there was something wrong but I guess not lol I had cramping 3 days
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had a copper iud installed today and man it hurt!! I'm in bed for the day with cramps. It's been about 5 hours and it's getting better. I'm already worried about when I do get it removed :(
  • cepayseur said:
    I got in a few weeks back... I didn't have any cramping.  But I am convinced that I either 1. Have an incredibly high tolerance from pain or 2. My body doesn't feel that type of pain because even during labor I only have 2 contractions that made me think "ouch" for a few seconds... And I was in labor 2 1/2 days with pitocin.
    So lucky! Apparently I have a super tight cervix, combined with LEEP scar tissue, the fact that I never got to labour and dilate, and that the insertion wasn't being done during my period because BFing has kept me from getting one, the process was excruciating!!! I was in so much pain the first time that the doctor didn't feel comfortable doing it and sent me home to come back another day after inserting medication to help dilate and soften my cervix. Second try the medication didn't help and I was still in so much pain they had to inject my cervix with freezing several times just to get it done and it still hurt quite a bit. Needless to say I downed my pain killers with a glass or wine after that :S
    BFP#1 9/28/2012 - EDD 6/3/2013 - MMC discovered 11/21/2012 @ 12w2d - D&C 11/24/2012

~*All AL Welcome*~
  • They had to clamp mine too because it kept slipping? But none of the procedure hurt until the end when I started cramping and having what felt like back labor all over again.
  • I don't know how y'all do it. I'd be too scared to have if taken out. I guess I will continue getting a shot in the ass and being a scardy cat.
  • I got it on Monday and there was very little pain. It just felt like pap. I've had some mild cramping, but nothing a couple ibuprofen couldn't handle.
    They had given me a pill to take an hour before that softens the cervix and told me to take 600 mg of ibuprofen a half hour before. The procedure was very quick.
    Little one is here.
  • Ok - this might be a super stupid question but how does DH not feel the strings during sexy time? They told us we had to wait two weeks and times up.
  • My doctor said they curl up towards your cervix eventually.
  • My doc sad the same they curl up towards cervix eventually. She also said she has clipped the strings back on a few ppl who's partners felt them and didn't like it. She said it makes it more difficult to remove but they have their ways, whatever that means. But I had zero cramping, just bled a little for the rest of the day and very light spotting the next day.
  • I got mine put in at my 6 week appointment, I had a little cramping for 2 or 3 days and I'll have what feels like ovulation pain occasionally still. Getting it put in was just like a more painful pap so not awful for me. I am still having bleeding from it though any of you ladies still dealing with that?
  • Cashingn2 said:

Also, when they popped it in at the end (I have an elongated cervix so they had to go further in for me than normal) I yelled "Fuck all of y'all." They had to clamp my cervix which I was told is something they don't always have to do so that was lovely.

Eta: the doctor had to get a second doctor to come take a look to see if he had it back for enough. He did not. Apparently, he needed to get it a couple more inches.

I just got mine in a couple hours ago and she said the same thing about my cervix and had to clamp it :( It was quite uncomfortable!

• Weird - they just said 2 weeks to me. But I'm still bleeding :-/
  • Cashingn2 said:

cepayseur said:

Wait a PP said they had to wait 2 weeks to have sex after they got their IUD?  Was that just specific to you and your case or is everyone supposed to wait...????

::All of a sudden on mirena website and google panicking::
    I was told I could have sex once the bleeding stopped which was the next day for me.

Eta: they did say to use a condom for a couple of days until it's effective.
    My doc recommended using a condom if I have sex in the next 10 days.

• Mine was put in right after delivering my placenta when my ute was cramping anyway.
    Daisypath - (d3qY)
    Lilypie - (ATx7)

• Yikes! I was already not so sure on an IUD and this thread just strengthened the con column.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Nichole10 said:

I shouldn't have read this. I don't get mine for another two weeks now I'm a little nervous!

I was really nervous too, but it wasn't bad at all for me. I'm sure the ibuprofen and other pill they gave me helped a lot. The cramping only last a couple days and really wasn't that bad and I was told by my doctor that the spotting can last up to three months.

Little one is here.
  • Naty657Naty657 member
    edited February 2014
    It really was not bad. I'm not cramping anymore and I'm only spotting now. I took ibuprofen right after and then came home used a heating pad for an hour and I feel fine. I didn't even know when they clamped my cervix or even put the mirena in. All I felt was cramps. It really wasn't as bad as I thought.
  • I got mine in earlier today and didn't feel a thing besides the initial pinch and pressure.
  • Don't let stories like mine scare you, it's not the norm, especially if you had a vaginal birth you should be fine. I was one of the unlucky few.

~*All AL Welcome*~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"