April 2014 Moms

Sciatica

my left hip is killing me. Called the doc and the nurse said it sounds like sciatica. it hurts when I walk, it hurts when I roll over, it hurts whenever I move! Not a dull ache, but stabbing pains. I'm trying the chiropractor, yoga and walking for relief. Nurse also suggested tylenol and alternating heat and ice for ten minutes at a time.
Any other suggestions/commiseration?

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Sciatica

• My midwife told me that's my problem too. She told me to get one of those exercise balls and sit on that as often as I can, especially after I have had a busy day. She said to wind down on the ball before sitting in a chair. I've been doing it the last couple of days and it has made a tremendous difference. I can get out of bed pretty easily now!

Hope you get some relief soon because it sucks!!!

April '14 Siggy Challenge:

god damn you're so effing cute gifimage

• THANK YOU!! I'm going to buy one of those balls right now.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Sit on one of those exercise balls and doing yoga with downward dog (both regular and wide leg) warrior poses (1, 2, and reverse) as well as pigeon pose will help stretch those muscles
  • aronie82 said:

I wish I had better news for you but I don't.   I've been in horrible pain for about 2 weeks.  I bought a pelvic support belt from amazon and the relief is minimal.  It helps me walk faster.  Keep stretching.  Stop when it hurts, don't push yourself.  Move around frequently. 

Google pelvic pain during pregnancy and read up on pelvic girdle pain and SPD.

This exactly.

Well minus the move aroun frequently. That actually aggravates my sciatica. Pysical therapy said not to to be on my feet more than 20 mins at a time. No repetitive bending, pushing, or pulling.
  • I find it gets worse when I sit for long periods of time. I had a two days training at work and it was painful, since I couldn't move and walk for hours! Swimming really really helps me, as does a moderate amount of walking.

• Have had it since before Halloween. Been going to the chiropractor since then 3x a week and that helps!
  • I agree that swimming has helped me with this. Also a heating pad! My husband has been dealing with his too (sympathy pains?) so we give each other massages.

BabyFruit Ticker

image  image  image

• The exercise ball has been the only things that's helped me. Walking and yoga feel good during, but worse after.
  • Chiropractor was a life saver for me when I got a horrible case of sciatica at around 20 weeks that left me barely able to walk!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"