Babies on the Brain
Options

BFP and moving in 9 months.

I really need some advice on an apartment lease situation. I got a BFP this morning which we are super excited about. We then realized that we are about to resign our least for our apartment for another 9 months. We live in a basement apartment and have been here for a year. We were going to agree to the lease but then i got the good news this morning. We just didnt think it would take this fast to get pregnant. They know we are wanting to expand our family so im pretty sure if i talk to them and tell them our situation we can lower the lease a few months. I havent been to the doctor yet so nothing is confirmed but i guess i would be due sometime in September/October? I would assume that we would want to move into a new place and be settled while im still pregnant right? I really want to have everything taken care of before we move. I cant imagine doing that with a baby. Has anyone moved while very pregnant? We have plenty of help so im not actually worried about lifting or physically moving things.

Re: BFP and moving in 9 months.

• Options
    My sister moved when she was 6 months pregnant and just stood around and told people where to put stuff. It would probably be similar after the baby as well, but personally I would rather move while pregnant than after the baby because you have a lot less stuff.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My sister moved when she was 6 months pregnant and just stood around and told people where to put stuff. 
    This is exactly what im planning to do! And I think as first time parents it will be easier to do all of the stuff before the baby comes.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We moved out of our single wide trailer when I was 32 weeks with my twins. We stayed with my parents for what was supposed to be two weeks. It ended up being two months. We moved in our new house when the twins were two weeks old. I didn't get as tired with the moving out while pregnant as I did with the moving in with newborn twins. It was rough because I want getting much sleep and was recovering from a c/s and tubal ligation. I would recommend getting all moved in before baby arrives if you can. GL!
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    With my second, we moved exactly 1 week after his birth, and it was rough.  I couldn't do anything and I was so exhausted from nursing all night and chasing a 2-year old around that I wasn't much help.  Family and friends ended up doing most of the packing and moving and it took years for me to find everything since I had no clue where they had put it... I would recommend moving while pregnant over moving with a newborn any day of the week.  GL!
    Anniversary
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
      DS #1 born 8/3/06, DS #2 born 10/2/08
    TTC since 8/13 BFP 11/27/13, EDD: 8/3/14
    US 12/9 found 2 Gestational Sacs, MC 12/10/13 6w3d
    BFP #4 5/15/14, EDD: 1/25/14, HB 6/4/14 Movement 8/13/14
    All Welcome

Image and video hosting by TinyPic  image
  • Options
    We moved on a Friday and over the weekend and I went in on Monday to have my daughter. I didn't do any lifting or moving. I was basically just the manager and told everybody else what to do. Best move I've ever done!

I agree that pre-baby would probably be easier as long as you had help since you won't want to be the one physically moving things.
  • Options
    I moved into a new house while I was 9 months pregnant and had my LO 7 days later!  We put our house for sale last year thinking it would take a while and it sold the day the listing went up and we had 30 days to move out.  We hadn't found a new home yet so we had to pack up the old house, move everything into storage and live with my IL's for a month in between moving into our new home. 

Definitely move pre-baby, I can't imagine doing it with an infant.  You can help pack things and then just point and manage when you move into a new place!
     AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

F15 Siggy Challenge: What You're Looking Forward to Most After Baby Arrives: BELLY SLEEPING!

photo c433cf4d-aa40-443c-af77-110275d91d89.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!!
  • Options
    We are in almost the same situation. We are ttc #1 right now and hoping to get pregnant this cycle (obviously). If we do, I will be about 35 weeks when we move from Washington, D.C. to Los Angeles in the beginning of October. DEFINITELY not ideal, but my plan is this: 3-4 weeks before we move, I am going to fly out to LA and find a place to live. I'll sign the lease so we are ready to go and don't have to live in a hotel for any length of time when we get there. All of our stuff is in a US government storage facility right now, so they will ship it to our apartment and the movers will move everything in, so that is a huge help. We will only have to bring our suitcases and a few things that we have accumulated here. DH is going to drive our car cross country, but I'm hoping to fly if I can find an airline that will let me and my doctor gives me the green light (if not, I will drive cross country with DH, which will not be all that fun). I will meet DH in Oregon, where we will see family. They will probably throw us a baby shower there and we also have a few odds and ends left there to pick up. So, then we will pack up all our stuff in Oregon and, presumably, the baby shower gifts (and our cat who is patienty waiting there for us), then drive 14 hours to LA, meet the movers, and get everything unpacked. A couple relatives are going to come down with us to help get everything unpacked, since DH has to go straight to work once we get there. Said relatives will also help me do a crazy last-minute, get everything I need for the baby shopping trip, since we won't be accumulating anything for baby before we move. I hope to get all of this done by 38 weeks, so that we are TOTALLY unpacked and settled in and ready to go for baby's arrival. 

I may be a bit over-ambitious with this, but I am a type-A planner and logistics-lover, and we have lots of wonderful family who are willing to help us. Maybe this gives you an idea of what you could do...I don't know whether your move is cross-town or cross-country, but I think it is definitely doable in late pregnancy...then again, I've never been pregnant before, so we will see how everything went about 10 months from now! 
  • Options
    We are in almost the same situation. We are ttc #1 right now and hoping to get pregnant this cycle (obviously). If we do, I will be about 35 weeks when we move from Washington, D.C. to Los Angeles in the beginning of October. DEFINITELY not ideal, but my plan is this: 3-4 weeks before we move, I am going to fly out to LA and find a place to live. I'll sign the lease so we are ready to go and don't have to live in a hotel for any length of time when we get there. All of our stuff is in a US government storage facility right now, so they will ship it to our apartment and the movers will move everything in, so that is a huge help. We will only have to bring our suitcases and a few things that we have accumulated here. DH is going to drive our car cross country, but I'm hoping to fly if I can find an airline that will let me and my doctor gives me the green light (if not, I will drive cross country with DH, which will not be all that fun). I will meet DH in Oregon, where we will see family. They will probably throw us a baby shower there and we also have a few odds and ends left there to pick up. So, then we will pack up all our stuff in Oregon and, presumably, the baby shower gifts (and our cat who is patienty waiting there for us), then drive 14 hours to LA, meet the movers, and get everything unpacked. A couple relatives are going to come down with us to help get everything unpacked, since DH has to go straight to work once we get there. Said relatives will also help me do a crazy last-minute, get everything I need for the baby shopping trip, since we won't be accumulating anything for baby before we move. I hope to get all of this done by 38 weeks, so that we are TOTALLY unpacked and settled in and ready to go for baby's arrival. 

I may be a bit over-ambitious with this, but I am a type-A planner and logistics-lover, and we have lots of wonderful family who are willing to help us. Maybe this gives you an idea of what you could do...I don't know whether your move is cross-town or cross-country, but I think it is definitely doable in late pregnancy...then again, I've never been pregnant before, so we will see how everything went about 10 months from now! 

I dont think your plan will be easy at all but i believe you can do it! If you have a drive and desire to go with this plan then it will work out for you. People do what they gotta do!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"