December 2013 Moms
Options

Bangin' Bodies - Inaugural Weight Loss Check-In

Re: Bangin' Bodies - Inaugural Weight Loss Check-In

• Options
    Hols411Hols411 member
    edited January 2014
    My first mid-term goal is to run a 5k in 30 minutes. My goal for next week is to do 2 days of cardio and 2 days of weight bearing exercises. I guess I need to go shopping this weekend for new sports bras. There is no way these puppies are fitting in my current ones!

have a number in mind that it would like to be at weight wise but I really don't want to focus on that. It is more important for me to get back to consistent exercise. I know the weight will come with it. Healthy eating is going to be an ongoing focus. I generally find that when I start exercising I naturally eat better.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like the idea of a weekly check-in.  It will help keep me more accountable.  Here are my short term goals:
    Lose 15 pounds
    Excercise 3 days a week
    Fit into pre-pregnancy pants

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I started back at crossfit at 3.5 weeks but now I'm starting to ramp back up to pre pregnancy intensity.

Goals:
    1. Lose the remaining 5 lbs of pregnancy weight
    2. Eat paleo (been strict for the last 4 weeks) so no sugar grains or dairy. Limited wine
    3. Regain my 5k time (27 min) and hopefully get it even lower
    4. Return to pre pregnancy strength numbers (140 squat, 230 deadlift, ~100 overhead)
  • Options

Goals:

- get back into my favorite size 4 skinnies! Hopefully by my birthday in June.

- lose these last 15lbs

- get back to CrossFit after I lose the 15lbs

Just curious, why are you waiting to rejoin crossfit?
  • Options

Cashingn2 said:

@cash I love the Brazillian butt lift - I need to go back to that!

I pretty much love all Beachbody workouts. I have an assortment lol.
    Have either of you tried TurboFire? I love it!!

I haven't but I want to! I just might do it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    My main goal is to tone back up!  I was lucky to be back at pre pregnancy weight soon after giving birth.  However things are a bit soft and droopy these days!  I am currently trying to figure out how to get into the gym with my new schedule with a baby.  I am going three times a week but would like to bump it to 4 or 5 soon!  I love this weekly thread idea!  Good luck to everyone with their fitness and health goals!
  • Options
    Current/today: 150, flabby and really weak.

Week nutrition: stuck to diet and paleo all week. Hit the fatty nuts too hard, so want to do better with that.

Week exercise: twice on elliptical- 45
    Minutes; two p90x videos

Progress: tbd (see you next week!)

Goal: 130, stronger and leaner

I would like to get back into work clothes in the next 5 weeks but continue to tone and strengthen. I have started some elliptical and p90x and will be starting a c25k tomorrow. Goal is 5 days of some exercise.

• Options
    @KateVA
    KateVA said:

Goals:

- get back into my favorite size 4 skinnies! Hopefully by my birthday in June.

- lose these last 15lbs

- get back to CrossFit after I lose the 15lbs

Just curious, why are you waiting to rejoin crossfit?
    Because I need to get my body back to being used to exercise. I completely stopped doing exercise of any kind in August. And I know I'll feel better about walking into the box if I lose a few more lbs before I return.
  • Options
    I just want to be able to sit down and not have belly hang over my pants. I don't really care how much I weigh. But how do you all work out? By the time H comes home it's too dark to go for a run and then all day my kiddo wakes up if I try to do anything in the house. I've just been wearing him for walks pretty much daily.
    Its definitely hard to find time now!  I am a member of a 24 hour gym so some days I do go after DH gets home from work.  Once the weather warms up and the days are longer evening runs/walks will be much easier!
  • Options
    -get back into my size 2 skinny jeans!
    -lose 13 pounds to get back to pp weight. I'm at 139, I'm normally 120-124.
    -Just started back at the gym, I'd like to continue getting there 3xs a week.
    -A 5k before the year is over. My ortho had told me no more outdoor running about 6 months before I got pregnant and I'd like to work my way back to some short distances outside without re-destroying my back.
  • Options
    I'd like to lose 20 pounds. Drink more water and eat better.
  • Options
    Cashingn2 said:

Cashingn2 said:

@cash I love the Brazillian butt lift - I need to go back to that!

I pretty much love all Beachbody workouts. I have an assortment lol.
    Have either of you tried TurboFire? I love it!!
    I have it :)

Which ones do you like best?

• Options
    @nursetrina I absolutely LOVE "Operation: MILF"!
  • Options
    Goals
    - lose last 10 pounds of pre-pregnancy weight
    -possibly lose 10 more after that
    -stick with 3 day stroller walks and up the distance beyond 2 miles
  • Options

@nursetrina I absolutely LOVE "Operation: MILF"!

Let's do it!

• Options
    MGallesMGalles member
    edited January 2014
    Goals: Lose the last 10 pounds. Workout 2 times a week. Eat much healthier. I have a huge sweet tooth. I would like to fit in all pre pregnancy jeans but my hips widen a lot, and that's not going to happen. So...get my abs back!
  • Options
    My goals:

Go back to a strict paleo diet. No more chick fil a once a week.

Lose 5 - 10 pounds

Start crossfit in the summer. Look decent in a bikini

Get pregnant by August.

Wait, how did that last goal get in there??? Just kidding.... Maybe.
  • Options
    ugoglencocougoglencoco member
    edited January 2014
    Goals:

Get back to my wedding weight (lose 25-30lbs)
    No more soda!
    Being a pastry chef, I want to find another coworker to taste all my work creations as that's a big reason for my weight gain
    Go to the gym at least 4 days a week, even if it's just for yoga
    Cut out as much processed food as possible
    Go back to dance classes. Tap does wonders for your legs/butt!!

I love the idea of a weekly "feast". That's fantastic and I think it would be good for me!

Thinking about joining weight watchers online, but don't know if it will be difficult because I've never done weight watchers... Would it be better to actually go to meetings??

Eta: by next summer if like to be able to get back in a bikini. I almost cry every time I see one :(
  • Options
    My new "belt" isn't cute. I get seriously stressed out and very anxious about my weight so I'm looking forward to getting back into it. 

Goals:
    -Lose 15lbs to get back to pre-babies weight
    -5k/Buffalo or SD color run in the next few months

• Options
    Goal: loose 19lbs & then some
    Wear my old jeans again!!
    photo d23effce-d468-477e-941f-2e772f3afddb_zpsd1cd4bbb.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Cashingn2 said:

Goal: loose 19lbs & then some
    Wear my old jeans again!!

I prefer tight.

Lol I didn't catch that
    photo d23effce-d468-477e-941f-2e772f3afddb_zpsd1cd4bbb.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Mmc0323 said:

Goals:

Get back to my wedding weight (lose 25-30lbs)
    No more soda!
    Being a pastry chef, I want to find another coworker to taste all my work creations as that's a big reason for my weight gain
    Go to the gym at least 4 days a week, even if it's just for yoga
    Cut out as much processed food as possible
    Go back to dance classes. Tap does wonders for your legs/butt!!

I love the idea of a weekly "feast". That's fantastic and I think it would be good for me!

Thinking about joining weight watchers online, but don't know if it will be difficult because I've never done weight watchers... Would it be better to actually go to meetings??

Eta: by next summer if like to be able to get back in a bikini. I almost cry every time I see one :(

I believe going to the meetings really help. You get a lot if ideas for food but you also get a lot of inspiration . Also having to weigh in every week on there scales makes at least me more accountable. ( that's the only place I weigh myself) also if you can't have someone taste your food your just going to have to use your flex points for all those bites . You get 49 extra points a week for indulgences ( seperately from your very day points ) so for every sensible ( not a gush antic spoonful ) bite I would give it 1 point and leave it at that . You would go crazy otherwise trying to figure out the points for the bite!
  • Options
    pink flamingopink flamingo member
    edited January 2014
    So my goals are : 43 pounds to loose ! ( it was more but I have lost 5 lbs over the past two weeks ) .

I am currently doing WW online and going to meetings.

I would like to work out 5 days a week which I have been able to do so far ! ( thank god) I go to the gym and do cardio and abs right now for an hour . Tommorow I add in weightlifting .

My little sister is getting married in July so I would like to have my goal met by then . I figured out I need to loose 2 lbs a week until then which is possible on WW as long as I stay on track .

I don't do cheat days just because weight watchers promotes eating whatever you want in moderation . If I crave it most if the time I eat it ( I'm just not engorging myself) .

One of the most important thing I have learned through WW is not to reward myself with food . Makes sense right? I'm not trying to have food consume my life anymore so why would I reward myself let's say after loosing 10 lbs with a big fat juicy burger. I try to reward myself with a new outfit. Or a spa day . Maybe even a mini vacation . Just something to think about .

We should all think of something to treat ourselves with when you meet your goal ( not the end of our journey because healthy eating habits should be a lifestyle) . What is going to be your treat? I still haven't picked one out . Maybe I'll be inspired by one if yours !
  • Options
    Goal: Lose 30 lbs and get back to where I can run a 5k again. I broke my foot right before I got pregnant so it's been a while since I could really run

I also need to figure out how to eat enough calories for bf'ing with healthy foods.
  • Options
    My goal is to get to my wedding weight by Memorial Day...which is 17 lbs away. Right now I Am 9 lbs up from my pre-preg weight. I am starting weight watchers with two friends Monday so that should help. I also will start the couch to 5 k again so that too should help.

• Options
    I love this and want to do it forever!

Goals:
    1. Run the Race for the Cure on Mothers Day with C in her jogger.
    2. Wear a bikini this summer.
    3. Be 130lbs -lower than my prepregnancy weight by September 13. (A wedding and when we might TTC again -Yes, I'm crazy)

I will reach these goals by doing the following:
    1. Paleo/Primal -2 cheat meals/week. Probably Friday night or Saturday night and Sunday family dinners
    2. Only drinking wine or liquor.
    3. 5k training 3 days/week.
    4. Power yoga for at least 20 minutes before bed 5 nights/week.
    5. Body weight exercises with my students 5 days/week.
    6. Outside activities with LO and Lola once the weather permits.

My gym/pool has a daycare so I'm hoping I can take C there during her nap time and lift weights or take a class. My nana will be there to look after her while I work out too!
  • Options
    @Mmc0323 - I do WW online and did for a year and a half before getting pregnant. I think it really depends on your personality whether going to meetings would be better. I like to do things on my own and the idea of going to weekly meetings is not appealing. There are WW message boards where you can get lots of tips and food ideas. They also have recipes available for members that are pretty good. However, one big advantage of going to meetings is when you reach goal, you reach lifetime member and keep access to all of the WW tools for free as long as you weigh in monthly and stay within 5 lbs of your goal weight. You have to keep paying if you're an online-only member.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    GOALS:

• Get back to pre-preg weight by June (38 lbs to go though I'd like to lose more)
    • Get on a work out routine (at least 3 days a week) How do you working mama's with multiple kids do this? I'm struggling to find time.
    • Eat healthy.. even on the weekends when I'm home and feel like eating junk all day
    T~ 9.27.05 C~ 6.24.11 L~12.2.13
  • Options
    My goals are to get back to my weight of 3 years ago, before my life took a shit and I ate my feelings. I have a ways to go, let's leave it at that. I have saved my skinny jeans from these days and if I can fit in to them by mid summer, I'll feel great. I'm focusing on eating less sugar and no breads/pastas/etc.
    Married: 6/16/12
    CP: 01/2011 |  MMC: 01/2012  |  MMC: 10/2012  |  DS: 11/2013  |  MMC: 11/2014  |  DD: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/2018 - EDD: 02/09/2019
  • Options
    Goals:
    1)Lose about 15 pounds by June for a wedding I'm in even though I only need about 8 to get to pre-pregnancy weight
    2) eat healthier. I'm going to have to try this skinnytaste.com website since everyone seems to like it!
    3) run a 5k this year

• Options
    I'm so happy to see I'm not alone in the weight loss struggle. I am a lap-band patient who lost 126 pounds before we started trying to get pregnant. Once pregnant though, my band had to be loosened. Long story short, I have 35 pounds to lose! My baby is nearly 5 months old but I still can't go to the gym (she isn't able to be with other babies yet). My goal is to get back to my C25k app-weather permitting. Also, get back to the gym as soon as dr clears LO for childcare options. Really dealing with body hate right now!!
  • Options
    My goals are to lose 70ish pounds by the time my kids go back to school in Aug. I am a larger girl, Always have been and I put on LOTS of weight between my last baby (who is 8) and the new addition added in December. Before I got pregnant with her I lost 50lbs and I have already lost the pregnancy weight by week 6 so I am back at my before pregnancy weight and want to continue with my weight-loss where I left off. I have a pair of jeans that I have had for the last 13 years they are the ones I was wearing the night I met DH and I would just like to slip them on and zip them up!! Obviously I am not wearing them outside of the house as they are VERY outdated fashion wise LOL. I just want to say I fit back in them again and then I will be happy :) I can't do weight watchers but I do track myself on myfitnesspal.com. I am ALL for a cheat meal because I am also one who if I restrain completely it will backfire BIG time eventually. So in a nutshell my goals are:

Lose 70lbs by mid Aug
    Tighten up my "batwings"
    All over tone up where possible

Lets get this party started!!! I am SO ready. Since I had a tubal after LO was born I know there is 0 chance of me ever having another one so its time to just say goodbye to this mommy body and try to get somewhat of a figure back for good. Plus it will be SO much easier once she is mobile and I need to chase her around/play with her. 

• Options
    hjweberhjweber member
    edited February 2014
    I so need this.

My goal is to get back to my target weight of 135 pounds (and thereby be able to fit into most of my clothes again). I won't even say how much I have to lose to get there because it's shameful. The goal is to get there by 7 months from now, which is when I can get pregnant again and start the whole cycle again. :-P

This week I am focusing on eating better (have cut out all chocolate and trying to focus on high protein low carb meals), and getting to 2 yoga classes. I also need to make an appt with a personal trainer at the gym.
    Exactly this.  These ladies that have 15-20lbs to lose make me hate myself right now.  I don't feel that overweight but I do when I try to squeeze into my jeans or see my muffin top in the mirror.   :((

Ok, so my goals include:
    -Workout AT LEAST 3 days/week or 180 min/week.  I just would like to have more stamina and energy.
    -Watch what I'm eating and choose fresh fruits/veggies as often as possible (this is the hardest for me.  I've never dieted because I never really needed to.  I am addicted to junk and have a major sweet tooth.  And when I'm not supposed to have something, I crave it even more.)  I love the idea of a cheat meal each week.  
    -Lose inches in my waist (I need to measure now since I just started back at the gym).  Not focus on weight so much as inches lost.  

I'm sure there's more but I'll leave it at that.  

ETA:  Drink at least 2-3 liters of water each day.  I have never been a water drinker and I know just upping my water intake will help a ton.  
    ~Married my best friend 06/27/2010~ ~Miscarriage July 2010~ ~Hannah Leigh born 07/26/2011 (5 weeks early) @ 8:38am 4lbs 15oz~
    imageimage
  • Options
    My goal is to lose the last 20 lbs of pregnancy weight plus 30 more. I would also like to reduce the size of my thighs dramatically before bathing suit season!
    Being able to go up a flight of stairs without getting winded would be nice too!
    This is going to be a challenge for me. I've never been able to lose weight but I'm really good at packing it on!
  • Options
    swirl25swirl25 member
    edited February 2014
    I'd like to get back to within 5 lbs of my weight pre pregnancy and then just tighten and tone things up. Right now I have about 15 lbs to go.

My goals are: make it to the gym at least 2x a week (a reasonable goal for me), start running and stick with it (hopefully I will run a 5k at some point), and lose the weight outlined above. I also would like to start eating cleaner (but not dieting since I'm nursing). Really looking forward to getting cleared at my PP appt this week so I can get cracking at the gym!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I know that we are doing this weekly for everyone to check in with each other but what about if after everyone "signs" up we try and find someone with common goals and or # of lbs to lose and have like a buddy that we can check in with more frequently. This might be a bad idea, I don't know but I thought I would suggest it to see what you other ladies think about it. I might need more than weekly motivation to start off with is all I am saying at this point because the cheese,the ice cream and the Starbucks are really pulling at me :( 

• Options
    I need all the help I can get!

Goals:
    1. Get back to prepregnancy weight: 153 lbs (maybe less??) by 2015. I was 180 at 6 days pp and have been afraid to step on the scale since
    2. Just overall eat healthier and be more active. I know goals are supposed to be measurable but I am going to have to do this anyway to achieve goal #1. I have already cut out sweets, which is my biggest temptation/ downfall to eating healthier.
    3. Run an unofficial 5k by my bday (7/17) and run in an official race of at least 5k by 2015.

Obstacles:
    1. Time (i mean, who isn't going to be super busy?)
    2. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Exercise tends to make it worse, especially if I go too hard or too often.
    3. Sweet tooth. I seriously have a sugar addiction and I've been dying for a fix these past few days. I think its related to my chronically low levels of serotonin (which is related to my depression).

We can do this!!
  • Options
    Ktrue85 said:

My goals are to get back to my weight of 3 years ago, before my life took a shit and I ate my feelings.

:( I feel you. This happened to me about 10 years ago and I have been struggling to get back since.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"