Pregnant after 35

Intro (need something catchy here)

MrsL2BMrsL2B member
edited January 2014 in Pregnant after 35
Hi, Ladies. Apologies if you've read my intro in other groups. It's easy to copy & paste, but I don't know if that's bad etiquette.
I'm just about at four weeks, two days. I'm 37 today(!), and I've been married ten years. We've always talked about having a child when the time was right, but between employment and health issues, the timing never seemed to be right. It's still not great. But all of a sudden this fall my ovaries started screaming at me to reproduce. I thought I'd want to just relax and enjoy TTC and being pregnant, but so far this has been nothing but nerve wracking! I've been spotting every day since implantation, and anything that puts pressure on my cervix seems to trigger it. So for right now sex and a lot of my preferred workouts are out. And the insomnia is really getting to me already.
Other pertinent info about me: I'm a Type 2 diabetic (taking metformin) who loves long walks and weight lifting. I have mild gastroparesis & not-so-mild GERD. I'm the breadwinner of the household. We have one dog and one cat.
Despite being a bundle of wracked nerves, I'm excited to share this journey with everyone here.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Intro (need something catchy here)

• Congratulations and welcome!
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Congratulations and welcome (from another 37-year-old FTM!). 

AMA & SAIF. TTC #1 since Oct. 2010. DX: Unexplained. BFP on break after 32 months trying and 2 med cycles. Baby girl born at 40w0d!

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

jbelle

• Loading the player...
  • Welcome and congrats!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Congrats and welcome! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!

(If you copy and paste the same post on multiple forums, just put "XP: " in the post title - for cross-post.)

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

• Congrats and welcome

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Welcome and congrats! To me there is never such thing as the "right" time. Took me several years to learn that lesson, though!
    imageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • Congratulations!  Hope you have a wonderful pregnancy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"