Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

charting help

Hey everyone.

I recently started charting along with using an opk. I am on cd 19 and I still dont think I o'ed.

I take my temp at 6am every morning .. except the two days I slept in.. weekend. My temps rose.. but I took my temp at a later time.. so I dont think I o'ed then. Also opk results have been neg every day since jan 19.

My cycle is 29 to 30 days.. it was 32 days once late last year. First day of af this cycle was Jan 13.

I know I cant get a definite answer from anyone but a little guidance will help a lot. My temps are in Celsius bc my thermometer is.

Jan 19 36.56
Jan 20 36.45
Jan 21 36.48
Jan 22 36.44
Jan 23 36.54
Jan 24 36.51
Jan 25 36.67 sat slept in 10am
Jan 26 36.67 sun slept in 10am
Jan 27 36.41
Jan 28 36.35
Jan 29 36.48
Jan 30 36.54
Jan 31 36.48

Thank you :)
Mrs. Kaay 

Re: charting help

• Options
    I second fertility friend. It helped me a lot. I use the app on my phone and it's easy to use :)
  • Options
    First, you should use fertility friend

Second, I almost always O (or at least my body tries) on CD 21, so it isn't that unusual to O later in your cycle. It is a common myth that everyone has perfect, 28-day cycles with O on CD 14. 

Third, you should set a time that you will temp that is the same every day. For example, regardless of whether I sleep in or not, I always have an alarm go off at 5am to wake me up for temping. If I am not getting up that early, I will simply go back to sleep. I know I'm not going to wake up before that point, so it works out perfectly for me. The only time I ever have an issue is if I wake up throughout the night. In that case, I go back to sleep and only take my temp after 3 hours of sleep. 

Finally, keep using the OPKS until you get a positive. When you use fertility friend, it will put this into your cycle history, so if you have a long cycle, delayed ovulation and a short LP, you will have that information to give to an RE should you ever need it. 

Best of luck!

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
    • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
    • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    From looking at your list, I'd say you probably didn't O yet. I'll second what others have said about putting your temps into Fertility Friend. It's easier to look at, and the program will help you determine an O date.
    **siggy warning**  **everyone welcome**

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    DS- 11.07.02
    DSS- 6.26.04
    Married- 6.29.13
    TTC Again- Sept. 2013
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Test Results/Diagnosis- HSG & SA totally normal
    DX: 3/2014 Prolactinoma/Hyperprolactinemia- Started cabergoline 2/2014
    5/2014 Possible mild PCOS in addition to hyperprolactinemia??
    7/2014 Adding probable tubal factor to the diagnosis list
    9/2014 And now adding hypothyroid to the list- Started synthroid 9/2014
    Cycles 1-4 - Sept.-March- All Anovulatory 
    IUI #1 March/April-  Clomid 50mg + Clomid 100mg +Trigger + IUI #1 = BFN
     IUI #2 April/May-Clomid 100mg + Clomid 150mg + Trigger + IUI #2 + Endometrin=BFN
    IUI #3- June- Follistim 75iu + Trigger + IUI #3  Benched due to a 40 mm cyst. :-(
    IUI #3- July- Follistim 75iu + Trigger + IUI #3 + Endometrin = BFP! on 7/25/14
    Slowly rising betas - Ectopic suspected on 8/8/14 & confirmed on 8/11/14
    Methotrexate on 8/12/14 -HCG negative on 9/2/14
    IVF #1- November- Antagonist protocol: 11/1: start stims, 200iu of Follistim; 11/12 ER 17R/14M/14F; 11/17 5 day transfer of two blasts, 2 blasts and 2 expanding morulas frozen; 11/22 BFP!! (On FRER at 5dp5dt)
    Betas: 9dp5dt 205, 11dp5dt 497, 14dp5dt 1,709
    u/s at 5w0d- 1 sac; u/s at 6w0d 1 baby with heartbeat, another sac without a heartbeat

• Options
    I put my temps in ovia.. it shows charts ans collects all sorts of data... af, cm, opk results, food intake, exercise, sleep, mood, symptoms, weight and more .. and gives tips too. Never looked into fertility friend. My guess is that the two are similar. I will also look into fertility friend to compare.

I guess i should set my alarm on weekends too... so It's consistent with my weekday 6am testing.

Im not stressed about it.. just trying to understand it. So I doubt its stress...I probably just o later than the statistical average.

I appreciate your responses.

Thank you:)

Mrs. Kaay 

• Options
    I don't think you O'd yet by looking at your temps.     I don't know anything about Ovia, but Fertility Friend works really well.  

Nov. '14 January Siggy : Work Sucks!

Me 32-DH 38

Married July 14, 2007  ----- TTC # 1 October 1, 2013
    BFP   March 7, 2014  -----  EDD November 17, 2014 ---- Baby boy born November 16, 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Joy.. thaks fot the additional feedback. I must have misinterpreted what u meant by stress. . That makes sense though.. body stress...not necessarily mental stress.

Just went on fertility friend too... its similar to ovia but I like it better....thanks everyone for pointing it out. Transferring my data now.

A little tedious but oh well.

Mrs. Kaay 

• Options
    Just downloaded fertility friend based on this thread. Thanks for the tip. Looks a little overwhelming but I haven't had a chance to really read through everything.
  • Options
    MrsKaayMrsKaay member
    edited February 2014
    Update: pos results.. surge detected!! thanks for all the tips everyone :) ill keep temping to confirm o.

And definitely like ff better than ovia.

Best of luck to everyone else who is ttc!
    Mrs. Kaay 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"