July 2013 Moms
Options

GTKY:NBR

Your kitchen addictions...
I was going through the fridge and cabinets today and it became totally clear to me that from an outsiders point of view that DH and I are totally addicted to jams and honey...
I swear we have about 10 jars of jam in the fridge and another 8 unopened in the pantry...also like around 8-10 jars of different varieties of Honey???? Weird I know
So....what is your kitchen snack/food MUST HAVE ????

BabyFruit Ticker

j13 sept. siggy challenge: Apples:

Re: GTKY:NBR

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I start to panic when the hummus is running low. And the vodka.
  • Options
    ashie624 said:
    ncchnat said:
    All the cheese.
    Come to where I live. I live down the road from a cheese factory. haha
    a friend buys pounds of that every year for Trivia.
  • Options
    ashie624 said:
    ncchnat said:
    All the cheese.
    haha people come from all over for the cheese. All the cheese! I've seen Texas plates there. Lol
    July 13 Siggy Challenge December'14: Christmas/Holiday Movie
    Bonus: Ugly Sweater

photo 89022d03-637e-4c13-aa0a-686e2c5d2bd8_zps58cec4a3.png
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I dont buy snacks I Iike...else I eat them :)  DH on the other hand could live off snack like foods.  Chips, any thing frozen and pizza "flavored", easy cheese and crackers, and etc.   
  • Options
    elyse05 said:

I start to panic when the hummus is running low. And the
    vodka.

I second this!

BabyFruit Ticker

j13 sept. siggy challenge: Apples:

• Options
    I try to avoid snack foods in our house. 1) Can't really afford them after regular groceries and 2) we eat them way too quickly. If it was up to DH, our house would be fully stocked with PopTarts and cookies and cereal. As it is, you'd think we loved tuna fish. So many cans (Thanks to WIC), not enough desire to eat them since DH doesn't really like tuna
    Married 12.20.2010
    BFP#1: 11.22.2012 EDD: 7.22.2013 DS Born 7.24.2013
    BFP#2: 11.26.2014 EDD: 7.25.2015 *chemical confirmed 12.08.14*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I can't eat most of them now. I would say before - cheese, cookies, things with chocolate, ice cream. And Dh has a thing with sauces, although he has to compromise on # to fit the room we have in fridge because we don't have a pantry. DH loves all things snack.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Oreos, frozen pizzas/burritos and coke are dh must haves. I always have to have a box cake or brownies in the cabinet.
    imageimage
  • Options
    LauraB1016LauraB1016 member
    edited January 2014
    Cheese and beer. DH home brews beer as we always have a case in the fridge and another four in the basement.

• Options
    Not a snack, but we have 3 Costco size containers of taco seasoning. Afraid of running out I guess...
    imageView Full Size Image

• Options
    ncchnat said:

All the cheese.

Yep, we love cheese. We have a drawer just for cheese...shredded, sliced, blocks, sticks, how ever we can get it. My favorite is this Horseradish cheese from up north, so SO good. Also Franks red hot (i put that shit on everything, not so much anymore since BF) and this Tai peanut sauce for stir fry, i could eat it plain with a spoon.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We also have cheese galore. Thanks to two cheese factories locally.

Jams/preserves. We may have gone a little crazy making it for a few years. I have dozens of jars in my cold room.

Pepsi. Mh drinks it like its water. I have actually had people lecture me in the store for buying so much of it. Meanwhile I haven't touched it in years.
  • Options
    Well, we try to be good and avoid a lot of snack-y stuff but I will say that we have a Costco sized jar of Nutella and the box that holds six ghiradelli brownie mixes--chocolate is my vice!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Popcorn currently
  • Options
    Wine, syrup, honey and jams ;)

Bonus: 

• Options
    Cheese and goldfish crackers

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • Options
    Ill have to say water and flava (as we call it) for the water. We have Jugs, large bottles, small bottles, smaller bottles of water. Then we have flava mixes to make it whatever(fruit punch, blueberry, iced tea, clementine,etc).
  • Options
    elyse05 said:

Hahaha, I just looked, and I have 4 containers of hummus in my fridge :-/

That, and ice cream.
  • Options
    elyse05 said:

Same and must have avocados. I buy them at Costco. I don't have an abundance of anything though, I like to use what I have before I buy something else.
  • Options
    Oh, and we always have Texas Pete.
  • Options
    My vice is pretty much anything strawberry-flavored or cheese-flavored. And skittles. So I try to limit that stuff in the house, with very little success. 
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• Options

Well, we try to be good and avoid a lot of snack-y stuff but I will say that we have a Costco sized jar of Nutella and the box that holds six ghiradelli brownie mixes--chocolate is my vice!

I bought that same brownie mix from Costco last time we were there! I won't say how many are left now. ;)

We are also cheese fanatics here. Even when I was dairy-free I stock piled goat cheeses.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Cereal. DH calls me the cereal hoarder, we have like 6 boxes at all times yet I always buy more when I go grocery shopping.

• Options
    Cookies, icecream and various frozen meats.  Wow, just typing that made me feel so American!
     AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

F15 Siggy Challenge: What You're Looking Forward to Most After Baby Arrives: BELLY SLEEPING!

photo c433cf4d-aa40-443c-af77-110275d91d89.jpg
  • Options
    Mustard! The Mustard Museum is about 20 mins away and we pick up so much while we're there :-)

• Options
    blairwitchblairwitch member
    edited January 2014
    ashie624 said:
    ncchnat said:
    All the cheese.

OMG @theblairwitch01 Trivia is one of the things we miss most about WI! My husband's friends have a team every year. Also, I had to stop at Mullins cheese when I was in WI this week to bring cheese curds home for DH.
    You werent far from Me or @ashie624 !  We could have done a GTG :)

And trivia is online these days @HannahAlex :)
  • Options
    ashie624 said:
    ncchnat said:
    All the cheese.

OMG @theblairwitch01 Trivia is one of the things we miss most about WI! My husband's friends have a team every year. Also, I had to stop at Mullins cheese when I was in WI this week to bring cheese curds home for DH.
    You werent far from Me or @ashie624 !  We could have done a GTG :)

And trivia is online these days @HannahAlex :)

I know it's online, but it's just not the same! We definitely should try to do a meetup the next time I'm in WI!
    We've done Trivia the last 2 years with Dhs family. I had never heard of it til I met DH haha. We're not hardcore, but we like to play with when we have time. Last year though we stayed up til like 7am and played from home while FIL and family were sleeping. And if we played at the same time since we were home and they were at their home we'd fb each other haha. BIL always comes up with the funniest team names.
    July 13 Siggy Challenge December'14: Christmas/Holiday Movie
    Bonus: Ugly Sweater

photo 89022d03-637e-4c13-aa0a-686e2c5d2bd8_zps58cec4a3.png
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Cheese. Also I'm obsessed with soda water and I always need limes for my soda water.

We also usually have popcorn kernels to pop.
    K & M married 10.8.2011 *** BFP 7.17.2012, EDD 3.21.2013, Miscarriage at 6 wks 3 days *** BFP #2 11.7.2012, beautiful Tess born 7.11.2013
  • Options
    Coffee. Crackers. Yogurt. And when I reorganized the pantry cupboard, I discovered like 5 cans of canned pumpkin. I think I planned to do baking and just never got to it last fall. (That and I assigned a book about the history of the pumpkin which probably made me think of it more than usual.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"