July 2014 Moms
Options

Just Home from the ER- Update

Jennik30Jennik30 member
edited January 2014 in July 2014 Moms
After having spent (literally)all afternoon and evening in the ER, I have been moved to being a high risk pregnancy. Around 1 this afternoon I started having the worst cramps and pain (knife-like), some spotting, and difficulty walking, so I called 911 and went to the hospital. They did an ultrasound to check on the baby and see if anything could be causing the bleeding. The baby's fine, growing beautifully and great heart rate, but unfortunately the placenta attached itself to the opening to the birth canal. And as a result as the placenta and the baby grow, it's slowly splitting the uterus open. There is a chance I could end up miscarrying. The only solution the doctor could give me was having the opening of the uterus sutured closed along with the cervix.
I'm trying not to panic and stay positive and I'm hoping the ob can get me in tomorrow.

Thank you everyone for all your thoughts, prayers, and words of encouragement. They've helped me stay positive and calm. You all have been so supportive and caring and it's made all the difference in the world during the tough times.

Now for some much better news. I just got off the phone with my ob, and things don't seem to be as bad as the ER made it out to be last night. From what they could see it's placenta pervia. They want me on mild bed rest for the weekend and pelvic rest until further notice. They're pretty sure that the placenta should move up to where it should be within the next few weeks; we'll find out on my next appointment on the 25. Thank you all again so much.

Re: Just Home from the ER- Update

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"