August 2014 Moms
Options

Tomorrow is 7 days..

Since I have pooped. 7. Yes, you did read that right. 7 whole flockin days. I think I need better stool softeners. 

In other news, I had an ultrasound today. My due date was moved from the 28th to the 23rd. Cool beans.

Here is a pic of my bean...not my nonexistent poo. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Tomorrow is 7 days..

• Options
    Congrats!!! Cute little pic!
    Hope you get some potty relief soon! Have you tried prunes? They use to help me!
    Here's to happy pooping!
  • Options
    I have a friend who's "normal" is every 7 days. When she told me that I think I physically hurt for her, it just sounds so miserable :/. I hope tomorrow is your day! If I knew how to post pictures I would post that one the little boy drew for his teacher that said, "just go poop!" When he heard she wasn't feeling well ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats on a wonderful ultrasound and such a cute pic. Hope you find some relief soon and have a magical poop.
    DX: MFI and RPL
    C born 29/11/10- became an angel 12/04/11 
    R born 11/10/12
    12 pregnancy losses. 
  • Options
    I have a friend who's "normal" is every 7 days. When she told me that I think I physically hurt for her, it just sounds so miserable :/. I hope tomorrow is your day! If I knew how to post pictures I would post that one the little boy drew for his teacher that said, "just go poop!" When he heard she wasn't feeling well ;)
    Haha, it's the opposite for me. Whenever my students complain of a stomachache, the first thing I tell them is to go to the bathroom. Generally it helps. :-P

To the OP, I really hope today is your lucky day! I can't imagine how you must be feeling with all of that pent-up poop. Good luck!

DD: 8/20/14; DS: 11/13/16; DD: 5/3/19; DD: 8/31/21; Baby #5 (team green) due 3/24/24

• Options
    Tori0713 said:
    Ugh, I have IBS with constipation and pregnancy constipation doesn't even compare. I finally caved and drank coffee and it only provided some relief after some stool softeners. Definitely asking the doctor when I go later today.

I can definitely relate to this!
  • Options
    I finally did last night after going 4 days, but it definitely wasn't a "good" one I guess you could say. More like rabbit pellets (TMI, sorry).

• Options
    Yay for a good ultrasound!

Did the doctor seem worried at all about the lack of pooping or suggest you try something in particular?  That must be very uncomfortable.. hope you get back to normal soon!

Married since 8.2.08
    DS born 8.11.14
    BFP #2: 9.14.16, EDD: 5.24.17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Try Milk of Magnesia.  I don't use it very often, but once I get in your situation, I know I need to bring out the big guns.   I was told it was OK for occasional use.

This worked for me as well! I try to only use it when I'm desperate and 7 days would mean I was desperate! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Love the picture...as for the other news...I am so sorry. I feel like "crap" if I dont go in a 24 hour period. If it was 7 days I'd be going crazy. Good luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @cruelsound just 2 generic brand stool softeners a day. I obviously need to try something else b4 I implode. Dr didn't seem concerned. She was more like "I told you so" kind of reaction, since she told me zofran would do this to me. I'm totally afraid of laxatives. Trying to stick with just stool softens for now, but we'll see.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I had this issue after DS was born. The stool softeners + caffeine+ exercise helped me move it out. I was crying while going though. Partly due to hemorrhoids, and part in relief for finally going! If walking/running outside don't go too far from home, because once you have to go you won't want to hold it in to walk 3 miles home!

Congrats on the good ultrasound!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"