High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

PTL and checking cervical length

Not sure if this is the right board to post! 

I had my checkup with my doc today and my glucose test done. I will be 25 weeks on Monday. When I was pregnant with my DS I had PTL starting at 30 weeks and was in and out of L&D where I was given shots to stop contractions and then started on Brethine till 37 weeks. I was taken off of the meds and delivered a week later on my own after my water broke after a night stay to monitor high blood pressure and strong contractions. I did not receive the proper care and help from my previous doctor so I switched. My new doctor has been great and is really supportive/understanding. 

Also, after DS was born I had a miscarriage back in May with a DNC in June. Also another miscarriage in August and was placed on Progesterone for the first 15 weeks of this pregnancy. My doctor told me today he wanted to do an ultrasound in 2 weeks to check cervical length and monitor it by doing ultrasounds every couple of weeks. I've very thankful he's taking precautionary measures, but can anyone give me any more info on this? Are the ultrasound vaginal ultrasounds? TIA! :)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

#2-BO 6/6/13 D/C     #3 natural m/c 8/6/13 

#4 EDD 5/19/14 It's a boy! 

Re: PTL and checking cervical length

• Options
    If they are specifically checking cervical length, they will do the trans vaginal ultrasound. It is the most accurate for measuring cervical length.

dx PCOS 2007

BFP #1 (natural) 12/23/2010. Stillbirth due to IC 4/2/2011

TTC #2 starting 03/2012

RE starting 07/2012

05/2013 BFP on a Letrozole (Femara)/trigger!

Cerclage, Procardia, Makena, GD (with insulin), MBR, and we made it!  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Our Angel was born sleeping at 20 weeks due to IC.

• Options
    Yes, I get weekly (now twice-a-week) cervical length checks and they are all internal/transvaginal.  The doctor will typically check the baby's heartbeat/fluid with the abdominal ultrasound, and then see what the cervix looks like.  It is always different than the measurement taken transvaginally, which is much more accurate.  So, it's not really fun to get checked regularly, but you get used to it! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    amb2013amb2013 member
    edited January 2014
    Im very sorry for your previous losses. Not a regular poster here, but I lurk. I'm currently 37 weeks 5 days. Had a history of ptl most likely due to complicated mono di pregnancy. This time around they are treating me like high risk for ptl, did ultrasounds with perinatology every 2 weeks until 35 weeks, then weekly until labor. She scanned my abdomen of looked good, no need for Transvag, if it was close, I think she would have used Transvag. Also, I did weekly progesterone injections from 16 weeks through 36 weeks. Pain in the ass literally but well worth it. Good luck!

Me:34 PCOS, one kinked tube, low thyroid.
    DH:39 lower than average count.
    Married 2006. 3 failed IUIs and countless BFNs.
    ~IVF#1: July 2012~
    7/10 Retrieval: 16r, 14f w/ICSI. 7/15 ET: Transfered 2. 4 frosties.< Poas faint+ 4dp5dt.>
    Beta#1 (8dp5dt): 138. Beta#2 (10dp5dt): 355.
    u/s#1: (19dp5dt) 8/3/12 one sac, two yolks! Beta 8,000
    u/s#2: two strong heartbeats! EDD 4/2/12
    Boy/girl fraternal mono/di twins-- lost our sweet baby girl at 22 weeks due to SIUGR
    Preterm labor at 23 weeks 4 days, lost our sweet baby boy.
  • Options
    Thanks! I'm very thankful he wanted to do this since my last doctor didn't care at all I was in labor with my first at 30 weeks! Almost like..well whatcha want me to do?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

#2-BO 6/6/13 D/C     #3 natural m/c 8/6/13 

#4 EDD 5/19/14 It's a boy! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"