Late Term and Child Loss

Angel Shoutout!

stefugestefuge member
edited January 2014 in Late Term and Child Loss
So I love when we do these and it's been a while since we did one, and since I know we have some new moms that have joined us, let's take a moment and remember our precious babies. Feel free to share photos as well!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.

Re: Angel Shoutout!

• Loading the player...
  • How do you cope?   How do you deliver a "sleeping" baby and be ok?  How do you move on?

I am terrified.   I have a very sick baby in my belly and will be terminating- I am currently 25w6d.  I don't know how to do this.     

I am broken. 
  • veetveet said:

How do you cope?   How do you deliver a "sleeping" baby and be ok?  How do you move on?

I am terrified.   I have a very sick baby in my belly and will be terminating- I am currently 25w6d.  I don't know how to do this.     

I am broken. 
    **siggy warning**

Unfortunately there is no easy answer to those questions . You don't move on and the definition of Ok is forever changed. You will be forever changed. Part of the loss of a child includes the loss of your former self, the person that you used to be before your baby died. You gradually discover the person that you will become and you learn to appreciate and enjoy the life you have, but you will be forever changed by your baby, and never complete. Accepting that is just part of your new reality. But there will be hope and smiles and laughter again. You will be able to look back at this time without breaking down; learn to focus on the good, on everything your little one gave to you. It's a process; one that no one should ever have to go through, but one you will make it through.

Thank you
  • veetveet said:

How do you cope?   How do you deliver a "sleeping" baby and be ok?  How do you move on?

I am broken. 
    I agree with the other comment in that there truly isn't an easy answer. We found out our son had a brain malformation at 19 weeks. We were strongly encouraged to terminate but decided to get a few additional tests first. Within the course of a week, someone else made te choice for us in that I developed preeclampsia and had to deliver him at 20w1d. I can definitely sympathize with what you're going through because its so so very difficult. We're all here for you though, just remember that!

Me: 33, Endocrine issues & FVL       DH: 32, Nothing 
    NTNP 2009-2012         TTC since 2012:
    • Clomid, 2 IUI cycles, and 5 IVF cycles = BFN
    • FET #1   August 2013 = BFP!     EDD 5/11/14
    • Jack dx at 19w1d with Dandy Walker on 12/16/13
    • Severe Pre-e /HELLP set in Jack born sleeping at 20w1d on 12/23/13
    • FET #2 --July 2014  BFP!  ---  EDD  4/5/15

Jack has handpicked his sibling up there :)

My blog about IF and loss ... Kate's IF Blog

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Anniversary

• veetveet said:

I am broken. 
    right now you are in the thick of it...it feels like there is no way out and no hope...while it is a very hard journey you DO get through it...day by day...step by step.  I found that at first everyday was really hard but each week I could look back and see some progress.  You never forget and you never stop hurting....but I can promise you things do get better and life becomes hopeful and beautiful again. 

8/12-Suprise BFP- Sweet Bunny Born Sleeping 11/21/12 (19 weeks)

-5/7/13- MMC (8 Weeks)

11/6/13- BO discovered at 7 weeks- natural MC 11/25/13

8/14- Surpise IF dx...low AMH (.24)- moving on to IVF

IVF #1- 11/14- 6R5M4F=2 perfect frosties

12/19/14- FET of 2 embabies = BFP!!!  One Little Bean EDD: 9/3/15

Everyone Welcome.

• MCH77 said:
    Timothy- discovered he was gone on 1/15/14 at our 24w dr appt. I'm jealous of your ladies beautiful pictures. Because he was measuring around 20w we were able to do a D&E. there are time I question that decision. It meant I didn't have to go through labor (which would have very likely ended in another c/s). But now I never held my baby or have pictures. :( Thanks for sharing.
    ((hugs)) do you have some good ultrasound pics?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
    Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• MCH77 said:
    Timothy- discovered he was gone on 1/15/14 at our 24w dr appt. I'm jealous of your ladies beautiful pictures. Because he was measuring around 20w we were able to do a D&E. there are time I question that decision. It meant I didn't have to go through labor (which would have very likely ended in another c/s). But now I never held my baby or have pictures. :( Thanks for sharing.
    I did deliver but we decided against photos and holding him. A rash decision then that I regret now, but I can sympathize with wishing for some photos and memories. ((hugs))
    Me: 33, Endocrine issues & FVL       DH: 32, Nothing 
    NTNP 2009-2012         TTC since 2012:
    • Clomid, 2 IUI cycles, and 5 IVF cycles = BFN
    • FET #1   August 2013 = BFP!     EDD 5/11/14
    • Jack dx at 19w1d with Dandy Walker on 12/16/13
    • Severe Pre-e /HELLP set in Jack born sleeping at 20w1d on 12/23/13
    • FET #2 --July 2014  BFP!  ---  EDD  4/5/15

Jack has handpicked his sibling up there :)

My blog about IF and loss ... Kate's IF Blog

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"