August 2014 Moms
Options

Cramps

I started to have light cramps around 12:00 today at work. I tried to sit the most I could and came home and have been on bed since then. I am still having cramps. So now they have been lasting about 8 hours. I'm 10 weeks. It feels like period pains that come and go pulsating about every 5 minutes. I have no bleeding. Could it be my uterus growing? Should I call the doctor?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Cramps

• Options
    It could be a number of things... gas, constipation, growing uterus. If it's not accompanied by blood and REALLY painful cramps, I wouldn't worry about it. I complained about cramps on my left side at my last appt. and the dr. said it could be my GI tract. Everything is moving around in there to accommodate your bean! I actually find the cramps reassuring. It's good to know my body is adjusting for my baby. Stay positive. 
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. I called and was hoping she would say it is normal and everything is ok. Instead she said take 2 tylenol and if it's not better in 2 hours go to the ER. Now I am freaking out as I type this from my desk...
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had some pretty bad cramps last night. They felt like menstrual cramps before my BC which is why I went on BC because my cramps were pretty rough, I would lay in bed and cry. They lasted for about an hour and a half going on two. I finally broke down and used the bathroom. It definitely wasn't easy because of the constipation. I'm thinking mine was just bad gas! Hope everything gets better for you! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Thanks ladies. I called and was hoping she would say it is normal and everything is ok. Instead she said take 2 tylenol and if it's not better in 2 hours go to the ER. Now I am freaking out as I type this from my desk...
    FWIW this is the standard blanket answer for everything at my doctors office.  They don't like to say everything is fine over the phone and in some states what they're allowed to tell you as "medical advice" when they haven't seen you is extremely limiting.  So the blanket response is "If you're really worried, then come in" It took me two pregnancies to realize this was always going to be the answer, just to be safe, even if there wasn't really much to worry about.

• Options
    I was having bad cramps this morning, once I drank a lot of water and went to the bathroom it went away. It's hard to know what is digestive, what is dehydration, etc. rest up and drink lots; hopefully they will go away!
  • Options
    TY. I still have cramps. Same as yesterday. I spoke the my school nurse, who is a CN at an ER too, and she said if I'm not doubled over in pain and no blood then there is no use in going to ER. I thought maybe gas or constipation too, but have had a BM twice since yesterday at 12.

The pain is also centered under my belly button.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Elbug said:
    TY. I still have cramps. Same as yesterday. I spoke the my school nurse, who is a CN at an ER too, and she said if I'm not doubled over in pain and no blood then there is no use in going to ER. I thought maybe gas or constipation too, but have had a BM twice since yesterday at 12.

The pain is also centered under my belly button.

Unless these cramps are the worst you've felt ever I don't understand why your provider would recommend the ER.  If they thought there was a chance for ectopic, the ER would be the place to go.  No blood is a good sign.  Cramps are fairly normal for most people during 1st tri.  Even if you went to the ER for light cramping you would end up with a gnarly ER bill and hours of time wasted.  Glad you were able to talk to someone with some good advice to avoid the ER.  

Make sure you're hydrated and your pants are not too tight (ie may be time for some stretch/maternity pants).  My cramps always got worse when my pants were too tight after sitting at my desk too long.  Hope they go away soon so you can rest easy but they may stick around a few days while you stretch out or while your bowel shift around a bit for your growing uterus. 

Thanks! I was just telling a friend I dont think the ER is necessary and dont want the bill for it either! If it was an emergency and something was terribly wrong, I would go...but in my head I am thinking it is just my uterus growing. I have had and US so no eptopic pregnancy to worry about. I wore tighter pants yesterday too...time to adjust the wardrobe!
    Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"