Breastfeeding
Options

Green stretchy/mucousy poop?

Sorry TMI but for the past couple of days LO has had more greenish mucousy poop rather than yellow and seedy. I'm starting to get concerned bc it isn't going away. Has anyone experienced this with their baby??

Re: Green stretchy/mucousy poop?

• Options
    Many sources will suggest a hindmilk/foremilk imbalance. However, LO had green poop early on, and the pediatrician said that this was totally normal. I noticed it happening morning often after I consumed a lot of green vegetables.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers 
  • Options
    Us too, our Pediatrician said this is just normal for some babies. If your LO seems happy and well I wouldn't sweat it too much.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How old is your LO? The LC I saw when I had questions about pumping/returning to work said that green poop for several days can indicate illness--even something minor. If the baby seems happy otherwise, I wouldn't sweat it. I've asked my LO's pedi as well and she hasn't seemed too concerned when we have a small stretch of green poops.
  • Options
    Green mucousy poop is a common symptom of MSPI - milk/soy protein intolerance. Does your LO have any other symptoms? Congestion, gassiness, fussiness, reflux/spitting up, slow weight gain? It could be a random minor issue but if it continues for a few more days and/or has other symptoms you might want to see your pedi. Foremilk/hindmilk imbalance is a common cause also.
    Kellymom has more info: https://kellymom.com/health/baby-health/m2m-green-stools/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"