• Lmao!!!

Me: 28  DH: 27
    TTC since 2011
    IVF #1 June 2013 DD born: 2/25/14
    IVF #2 January 2016 Double Transfer: 1/28/2016
    First Beta: 108 Second Beta: 360.3
    Twins EDD: 10/13/2016
  • Lol.
    Our babysitter just told us the other day that she is 5 weeks pregnant.
    Then she said, "you couldn't tell? I'm not usually THIS BiG!!", pointing to her belly.

Yup. I could ToTaLLy tell... 8-|
  • I feel like her belly pic is still pretty flat, (normal for 12 weeks) so maybe this is just a beginning reference point?
    BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The woman in the photo looks like she's really happy and I imagine she is very excited to be pregnant and very excited to share her joy with others. I say good for her.

For the record, I'm ok with early belly pics. I started my weekly photos at week 7. I love comparing my current ones to it.
    This. I started taking them for my scrapbook at like 6/7 weeks. But i did not post any on FB until like 20.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I started my pics at 5 weeks when we found out, but I don't have a fb so I didn't share!
  • The woman in the photo looks like she's really happy and I imagine she is very excited to be pregnant and very excited to share her joy with others. I say good for her.
    For the record, I'm ok with early belly pics. I started my weekly photos at week 7. I love comparing my current ones to it.
    Same with me! It also reminds me that I won't always be this big lol. I shared my first photo at 14 weeks bc I was excited!

IAmPregnant Ticker image VOTE on my Name List
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker 
    March Siggy Theme
  • I started taking pics at 4 wks (for reference) but didn't post them on fb til we announced at 13 wks. Now I've just been updating with a pic every 4 wks.. Partially because I forget, and partially because I find my friend who does it every week is super annoying. I think the belly change looks more obvious with a few wks in between vs every wk :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I started taking pics at 4 wks (for reference) but didn't post them on fb til we announced at 13 wks. Now I've just been updating with a pic every 4 wks.. Partially because I forget, and partially because I find my friend who does it every week is super annoying. I think the belly change looks more obvious with a few wks in between vs every wk :)

Same here. I think my first pic was 12 weeks.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • One of mys students' nanny is pregnant (according to mom she's only like 8/9 weeks) and he asked her for help tying his shoes the other day and she said she couldn't bend over to do it because of her big belly. I think she shit her pants when I bent over and did it myself. The mom told me at pickup that her nanny thought I was insane tying a kids shoes because I was so huge.

The mom told her that I was 34 weeks pregnant and that if she was going to be "incapable" of doing things at 8/9 weeks pregnant and her son's teacher who is 34 weeks pregnant can do it than maybe she needs to reconsider if she wants to continue to nanny 3 small children.

I had a girl pull the same thing a my old job at a shoe store. As soon as the pee stick dried she refused to pick things up off the floor, straighten the bottom shelves, or bend over at all. Then she quit because she thought she shouldn't have to work while she was pregnant. Our manager, who had recently worked up until going into labor, wasn't too pleased.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • lalaith50lalaith50 member
    edited January 2014
    snow527 said: Eh, 12 weeks isn't too crazy IMO. If that was her 6 week "bump" picture maybe I'd judge a little.
    ----------------------------------------------quote fail-------------------------------------------- Agree... I took a picture at 10 weeks (but didn't post it on FB!) and another at 13 weeks, and with the comparison, you actually
    could tell a difference!

I agree I think it's cute that she's excited, but also a little annoying that she thought all of her facebook friends would care...
    imageimage
  • I've been taking bump photos since 5 weeks. We announced at 13 and I posted that weeks pic but I had a noticeable bump. My first time I didn't post one until 16w and even then it was questionable. I think of she was announcing this way, great, but otherwise I would just skip if we weren't great friends.

I have a girl on FB who isn't married and hasn't been with her bf all that long. She posted about her bfp right away and started the weekly update things that drive me crazy. She lost the baby at 12 weeks. I felt so bad for her and her loss and the fact that she then had to share that awful time with all her FB "friends". This is the number 1 reason I think announcing in the first tri is to early.
    Married - 5/2008
    DS #1 - Born 9/2011
    DS #2 - EDD 3/2014
  • Around Christmas, a college friend announced their pregnancy by saying "We've been naughty! Baby X due X/XX/2014."

Uhm... we know how babies are made.  You didn't need to rub it in.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I think I agree with both sides on this one! taking pics is totally fine, but I wouldn't share until I had an actual bump. Just looked at my prior FB pics, and I don't have a single 'bump' photo posted. You can see the bump in pics I have up from making Christmas cookies and after, but not really anything prior. I know I snapped few blump pics with my phone but kept them private as a before and after kinda thing :)

I hate hate hate when pg ladies who aren't very far along act so helpless. I'm working 40+ hours a week, cleaning the house, taking care of the pets, cooking 3 meals a day for me and DH, doing all the shopping alone, etc. and it bugs me when a lady who is 9 weeks along acts like a delicate flower. not to say first tri doesn't have it's challenges, it does,  but yea....you can totally still tie your shoes and shave.

• oh and I found this pic for your enjoyment....DH and I at a wedding last weekend.

• Am I eye roll worthy? I totally posted this pic with the caption "every pregnant girl's nightmare... Knocking something over"
  • =))
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Kari~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • snow527 said:

@amandapthompson A small part of me died for you. I have dropped a few gloves or random crap at work lately and I just leave it there. I'm a terrible person, I know.

Lol! I understand. As soon as it happened I laid my head down on my desk and may have cried a little bit
  • Just saw this on FB, ugh!!
  • I am loving this post =))
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"