October 2013 Moms
Options

It's arrived!! Update! Magic sleep suit!

edited January 2014 in October 2013 Moms
The merlin magic sleep suit has arrived!! Wish us luck tonight

Update:
She slept on her own all night with no crying n fighting to sleep.
She still woke up every 2-3hrs to eat which is fine. But main thing is she slept in her bed on her own! She never sleeps on her own.. It's usually my arms or cosleep.
After one of the feeds she woke up 5mins after putting her back to her bed but within 2mins she was asleep again. I didn't even pick her up.
She wasn't hot in the suit or cold.

It was little difficult to feed her when wearing it but we did it. Only thing is I couldn't really burp her when wearing it.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: It's arrived!! Update! Magic sleep suit!

• Options
    Please give an update! I am considering buying one.
    April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• Options
    Man, just looking at that makes me hot and itchy. It would be a baby sauna suit for A! Lol. I really hope it works for you though! Fx!

Also her expression is great.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
                                                   photo 996da08d-6a8f-4ffe-b18d-94023659b1ef.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Jalee85 said:

Please give an update! I am considering buying one.

Will update ! Hubby thinks it won't work. Decided I better wash it first..so just threw it on for a quick wash. She usually doesn't go down for another 90mins so hope it's done by then.
  • Options

Man, just looking at that makes me hot and itchy. It would be a baby sauna suit for A! Lol. I really hope it works for you though! Fx!

Also her expression is great.

Yeah I thought so too but it doesn't feel that warm. I am only going to put a Onies underneath first night and see if she's cold or warm .
  • Options
    anamouse said:

Those eyes! lol "what is this contraption you have me in?!" GL!

Yes those eyes.. Lots of expressions she gives me!
  • Options
    So cute!! I'm thinking of buying one too. Let us know how it goes!
  • Options
    Currently asleep.. We will see how long it lasts! She didn't wake up like she usually does when I put her down. Will update in the morning :)
  • Options
    We got ours two days ago! First night LO only woke up once in the MOTN to feed (he'd been waking up at least every 2 hrs). He normally runs hot, too, but seems comfy in the suit. It's about 68 degrees in the house at night. I dress him in a short-sleeve onesie and socks and put socks over his little hands to keep them from getting too cold.
  • Options
    See update at top of post :)
  • Options
    I am seriously considering this for DS. He is a pretty good sleeper but he moves around a LOT. Hmmmmm.
    married 7.27.12 TTC since Nov 2012 Me 36/DH 32 BFP Valentines Day 2013
  • Options
    We are trying ours tonight! I couldn't stop laughing at her when I put her in it. #badmommy

• Options
    Ok I don't know anything about this suit, what is it "supposed" to do?
  • Options
    Here's the description from the website:
    The Magic Sleepsuit is an innovative baby sleepwear product that provides babies with a cozy, calming, and safe sleep environment. The Magic Sleepsuit is designed for babies who are transitioning out of the swaddle, yet still need that cozy and contained feeling to help them sleep. The Magic Sleepsuit is designed to be used in the crib for back sleeping only. Once babies can roll over in the Magic Sleepsuit, it is time to transition them out of it.

• Options
    Thanks for the update. I think we will be getting this once she outgrows her Halo Sleep Sack.
    April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• Options
    Night two...Another success :)
    She still woke up for feeds every 2-3hrs which is fine of course but slept on her own.
    She also napped yesterday twice for 1hr in her bed.. I don't think she has ever napped not in my arms.
    This morning at 7.. We had cuddles in bed though. Missed her snuggles :)
  • Options

We are trying ours tonight! I couldn't stop laughing at her when I put her in it. #badmommy

Good luck!! :)
  • Options
    OK you've convinced me. I'm ordering one.
    We bed share and I love it. DH does not so he sleeps in the guestroom. His brother is coming to visit as a surprise so I either need to get LO to sleep in his crib or PNP or get DH to calm his tits.
    So glad it's working well for you and thanks for sharing!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    elllaf said:

OK you've convinced me. I'm ordering one.
    We bed share and I love it. DH does not so he sleeps in the guestroom. His brother is coming to visit as a surprise so I either need to get LO to sleep in his crib or PNP or get DH to calm his tits.
    So glad it's working well for you and thanks for sharing!

Good luck! :) my hubby sleeps on the sofa a lot cause he think he will wake us when he comes into bed..
  • Options
    I am thinking of ordering one as well.  What size did you get and how does it compare to the size chart?  LO is about 16 pounds and the L starts at 18.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    @taylormarie923
    My LO is 4mths n 13 pounds.. She's tiny. We got her size small n it fits her. Maybe even Alittle big on her
  • Options
    @littlebabyg2013 well it's not as magical as I had hoped however we have been able to get her to sleep in the pack and play at the beginning of the night - which was not happening earlier. However she doesn't stay asleep as long as I had hoped. Despite her being just 3 months 1week old - it looks like she is teething (DH & siblings were all early teethers according to MIL.) I was still skeptical but then at the shower I went to yesterday everyone (all DH's relatives) were like "she's teething." So that could account for her sleep strike. However I'm sticking with it because like the powers of the magical seahorse that weren't all that magical at first I'm hoping for a delayed success.

Next on my list amber teething necklace - DH says that "these bump products are getting to be pricey." Then he told me he thinks that people get paid to recommend stuff on here and it's a racket. This coming from a man who comes home from work with all the answers after talking with women who gave birth in the 1970s.
    All stick with the fine women of TB thank you.

• Options
    YES. Get the amber. It's the best.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

@littlebabyg2013 well it's not as magical as I had hoped however we have been able to get her to sleep in the pack and play at the beginning of the night - which was not happening earlier. However she doesn't stay asleep as long as I had hoped. Despite her being just 3 months 1week old - it looks like she is teething (DH & siblings were all early teethers according to MIL.) I was still skeptical but then at the shower I went to yesterday everyone (all DH's relatives) were like "she's teething." So that could account for her sleep strike. However I'm sticking with it because like the powers of the magical seahorse that weren't all that magical at first I'm hoping for a delayed success.

Next on my list amber teething necklace - DH says that "these bump products are getting to be pricey." Then he told me he thinks that people get paid to recommend stuff on here and it's a racket. This coming from a man who comes home from work with all the answers after talking with women who gave birth in the 1970s.
    All stick with the fine women of TB thank you.

Yeah maybe the teething is the reason for not sleeping long. Glad you were able to get her to sleep though even if it wasn't long it's a step :)
    My LO has a tooth bud I can see too.. I heard it can go back In though. I have seen it for about a week now.. Wonder how long it take to go back or fully come out?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"