Baby Showers
Options

Appropriate timing for shower

My mother is throwing my baby shower. Today, when I updated her about my last appointment, she suggested we move the shower to April instead of May. My due date is 7/11, but my OB told me that, due to medical conditions, I will be having the baby in June. My mom is fine with either date, I'm just curious if it is appropriate to have a shower at 28 weeks?
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Re: Appropriate timing for shower

• Options
    My sister had hers around then because she lived out of state and couldn't travel later during her pregnancy. It might be a little early, but I think it's fine.
  • Options

Mine was at 29 weeks. 

I think whatever works for you and your hostess best is what's appropriate.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think that's fine, especially given the circumstance.  If your hostess is fine with it (and it was her idea), I say go with it.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image image image
  • Options
    I think that is fine. If you due date is being pushed up thats probably a good idea. It will give you time to purchased things you didn't get at your shower and put together and organize everything before your LO arrives. I know MTB that had early showers because they wanted to do it before they got too uncomfortable or they didn't want to have them during the hotter summer months. Whatever you ad your host are comfortable with. 

Anniversary 

• Options
    I think showers sooner are better bc it leaves more time for you to prepare. I say go for it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I think mine was 28 or 29 weeks. It's fine.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"