June 2013 Moms

Baby throwing up after eating

On three separate occasions with three different foods (apple/blueberry mix, jarred chicken and carrots) DS will take food into his mouth, look confused like he doesn't know what to do with it, then gag and throw up. I've tried mixing the foods with rice cereal as well as giving them to him plain. The foods are either cold or room temperature- maybe that's the problem? Has anyone experienced this before?
I emailed his doctor a few minutes ago but wanted to hear your experiences. 
TIA!
image DD and I. DD: 6/22/2008. DS: 6/22/2013

Re: Baby throwing up after eating

• N did this once but I think it was because she was overfull. She had a bottle not long before I fed her. How long are you waiting? Now I'm waiting at least 30 minutes.
  • Like PP's LO, DS has done it when he was overfull. I usually wait about an hour after he nurses to feed him solid food. I've also gotten better at recognizing his "I'm full" cues. He starts trying to grab the spoon and sticking his fingers in his mouth. The only other time he's thrown up was when he gagged on a puff so much that he threw up. We stopped with the puffs for about a month and now he does fine.

Started TTC Nov. 2011 

1st clomid cycle June 2012- No response :: HSG August 2012- Left tube blocked, right tube clear :: 2nd clomid cycle Aug. 2012 BFN :: 3rd clomid cycle Sept. 2012 :: BFP Sept 30th :: DS born 6/15/13 :: BFP #2 7/29/14 M/C 8/5/14 :: BFP#3 10/20/14 DD born 7/1/2015 :: Applied to be surrogate April '17 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for IFs Dec. '17 :: Surro Babe born 9/11/18 :: Started 2nd Journey May '19 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for new IFs 9/24/19 :: HB 138 at 6w6d

• Loading the player...
  • LO has gagged a few times if a new food has a different texture than what he is used to.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My LO hates cold anything.  So that could be part of your problem? Maybe not though. I'd try warming it a little.  It's funny to, like just warming it a little and she's much happier.
  • Has he eaten any solids prior and kept it down or are you just starting solids?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"