Babies on the Brain

Drink til its pink -- but what if irregular?

LunaGirl28LunaGirl28 member
edited January 2014 in Babies on the Brain
I know most of us ladies are in the drink til its pink crowd.... but what if you're irregular and don't know when your period is due? I'm in a weird spot. I have been TTC -- onto day 45 without a period (my longest cycle thus far has been 40 days). I had a little blood in my CM yesterday so I thought it was coming but nothing.... and absolutely no "warning signs" its coming. I've taken every type of pregnancy test and all BFNs. I will note that  I had a lot of "pregnancy" symptoms this month (I'm prob just nuts) and massive cramping mid-cycle.

What do you "irregular" girls do when TTC but like to drink? I immediately get nuts and think "well what if I'm pregnant but the test isnt picking up on it?"

Re: Drink til its pink -- but what if irregular?

• Yeah, I started temping this morning.. just don't know what to do for the next month or two until I figure that out!
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah, that's what I'm going to do. Of course I've been reading all these posts online that talk about being pregnant and not having it register on a pregnancy test.. so I'm like ahhhhhh. I'm hoping temping helps solve this mystery...
  • I second temping, but as long as you're not binge drinking every night, it's fine. I had a couple of enormous glasses of wine the night before my BFP with my daughter, and I never felt bad about it. She is and was perfectly fine.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If you are concerned about the effects and the possibility of being pregnant then maybe the drink til it's pink club is not for you. I didn't drink while ttc except for the week of my period. I just wasn't comfortable with it so I didn't do it. NBD.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have irregular cycles too. I've been using ovulation predictor kit this month and have not ovulated...worried I'm not going to. I spotted some yesterday and took a preg test and was negative. How did you go about TTC if your cycles are so irregular like mine? Thanks!
  • It doesn't Matter your cycle length. The placenta doesn't take over until week seven so as long as you test every week you're fine. Drinking to excess may affect implantation so obviously you don't want to do that but alcohol in moderation is fine and even has health benefits which can only help your efforts.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I can't temp until AF comes, right? Hopefully it's right around the corner.. ugh
  • I can't temp until AF comes, right? Hopefully it's right around the corner.. ugh

You can start temping whenever. You can start now to get in the habit of waking up and temping at the same time.

Can you acknowledge that you are not irregular?
  • lwoehlk said:
    ej1234 said:
    I have irregular cycles too. I've been using ovulation predictor kit this month and have not ovulated...worried I'm not going to. I spotted some yesterday and took a preg test and was negative. How did you go about TTC if your cycles are so irregular like mine? Thanks!
    You temp to confirm ovulation.

You will be less clueless if you start charting and temping. OPKs can only help predict ovulation, they cannot confirm ovulation. If you miss your surge with the OPK then you may just not catch ovulation. That's where temping comes in. These things together can help you time sex around your fertile window and know when you should take a pregnancy test. Sign up at Fertilityfriend.com and take the courses there to learn more. Seriously.
    imageimageimage
    BFP 6/15/14   EDD: 2/24/15

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"