Breastfeeding
Options

Any guesses what will happen to my supply?

Hi all - I'm not much of a poster, I think my siggy isout of date but I was wondering if someone on this board had some advice- I had trouble bf ing dd due to low supply and after lots of pumping, fenugreek etc eventually decided to switch to formula since LC advised I'd probably never have a full supply (I realize I could have done it part time but it was just eh best choice for me at the time)

DS was born early on 12/28 and I decided to commit to trying a month to see if it would work out. Since he was early we had some issues and after working with the LC in pumping and a round of Reglan (am on my last day of weaning off the Reglan today) my supply seems to be ok. I'm thinking I would like to replace one of the night feeds with a bottle of formula (again just a personal choice) but I'm wondering if it would cause my supply at other feeding times to become less.

Any related experience/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Any guesses what will happen to my supply?

• Options
    We occasionally give DS bottles when milk was thawed for daycare but not used. So I heat the bottle, dh feeds DS while I pump.

Bottle feeding is way more work. And DS doesn't fall asleep with them like he does on the breast. It takes longer and is less enjoyable for everyone.

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone - I wasn't aware that I could pump at a different time than the feed I might have to try that
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    lol about the man whines
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"