March 2013 Moms
Options

Lunch ideas?

LO has totally lost interest in is bottles.  He gets 3 a day and barely finishes them.  He is fabulous with solids.  I've been doing waffles and fruit, pancakes, french toast or eggs or some baby food for breakfast (hates stage 3 I'll mix stage 2 with oatmeal).   Dinner he pretty much has what we have.  For lunch I'm running out of ideas. I've been doing pastina, chicken soup and.......well baby food.  Maybe it's preggo brain setting in already, but I'm totally at a loss.  I want to intro pb and jelly on like a rice cake?  But need to get benadryl first.  I keep forgetting.  Any one have any go to lunches their little ones love?  TIA
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Lunch ideas?

• Options
    Chicken soup is pretty boring but we make it by the drum over here! We just throw in a ton of veggies and she loves it and will always eat it! What about grilled cheese cut up in to small piece's that lo can pick up? Yogurt/fruit parfait? I know it's more of a breakfast food but dd loves omelettes with turkey and cheese. I'm going to put some spinach in tomorrow and see how well that goes over haha.
  • Options
    We give DS grilled cheese. Ravioli. Perogies. Chicken. Pizza. Thats all I can think of lol. Pregnancy Brain kicking in.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I just made up some chicken and dumplings and DS loved it.  We are still mostly doing baby food.  He just doesn't seem totally interested in finger food except for crackers, puffs, pancakes, and cheese.  So for lunch he usually some concoction I've made up with chicken and veggies.  I find he will eat almost anything with chicken in it.  I've done chicken with: broccoli and potato, peas carrots and potato, & sweet potato and rice.  I sometimes throw in a veggie too. 

How do you guys make the chicken soup?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

;

• Options
    I don't have pregnancy brain, but I also have a hard time coming up with lunch ideas! DD loves grilled cheese, quesadillas (cut small) and brown rice with veggies. Sometimes I make soup with pasta stars and veggies and she still loves roasted sweet potato. Fruit and veggie smoothies are also fast and easy! We don't eat a lot of meat at our house so DD is still not really used to eating much of it.
  • Options
    lars1226lars1226 member
    edited January 2014

We do grilled cheese, baked chicken, hummus & pita, peas, yogurt, quesadillas and meatballs a lot.

A friend just shared this website with me. It has lots of fast & easy recipes for families, there are sections for first foods and toddler foods as well. I haven't tried any yet but I found several that look good. weelicious.com

• Options
    We do a lot of leftovers for lunch, but if there aren't any, we'll do filled cheese, Mac n cheese, or really just whatever sounds good to me for lunch, ans always some kind of frozen veggies and fresh fruit.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    We have given little one a PBJ and grilled cheese sandwich.  Tortellini and mac and cheese and veg nuggets.

Some mention using a tortilla as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"