July 2013 Moms

Ask Anybody Anything

Re: Ask Anybody Anything

• MRads said:

Erinm278 said:

Also, I have a confession. I know it's not that kind of thread but I have a bump crush on @lancomechica :)

Me too. Every time she likes something I write, I'm like, "maybe she likes me too!!!" A tad too excited.

@andrea0418, I do! Saturdays Feb - April are pretty open for me. I'd love to gtg in the next few weeks!
    Thanks! Of course I like ya! Feeling super duper loved today. ;)

Bonus: 

• Laurendag said:

Laurendag said:

Oh I want to see @primrosemama and @jackson290721 !

This thread is fun. I started UO and had to stop... My drugged up self is just too tired to think about that stuff...

@stephyfaith embrace the druggedness. All too soon it will be over. Still sending you healing thoughts!

Thanks @laurendag ! Every time I start feeling less out of it the pain comes back and I take more and get knocked out. I'm so grateful to have help with DD. I really can't imagine being alone with her all day in this state. She's so wiggly and almost keeps kicking me in the stomach... I really can't wait to feel normal.

I can't say I know what you mean but I can say I understand. And I know she can't wait either.

I do understand with the pain though. My wisdom teeth were like that. Do you have an alarm set so you take it at night too?.

Yeah I've been waking up MOTN to take pills. (Last night DD was up all night too fuuuunn) this is a totally different pain from wisdom teeth. It just sucks that you need ab muscles for everything!
  • Loading the player...
  • Laurendag said:

Laurendag said:

Laurendag said:

Oh I want to see @primrosemama and @jackson290721 !

This thread is fun. I started UO and had to stop... My drugged up self is just too tired to think about that stuff...

@stephyfaith embrace the druggedness. All too soon it will be over. Still sending you healing thoughts!

Thanks @laurendag ! Every time I start feeling less out of it the pain comes back and I take more and get knocked out. I'm so grateful to have help with DD. I really can't imagine being alone with her all day in this state. She's so wiggly and almost keeps kicking me in the stomach... I really can't wait to feel normal.

I can't say I know what you mean but I can say I understand. And I know she can't wait either.

I do understand with the pain though. My wisdom teeth were like that. Do you have an alarm set so you take it at night too?.

Yeah I've been waking up MOTN to take pills. (Last night DD was up all night too fuuuunn) this is a totally different pain from wisdom teeth. It just sucks that you need ab muscles for everything!

Oh no of course! I meant the pain was like that, I was either in a haze or in pain. And good! When I had my breast reduction I took my pills 30min *before* I was supposed to because I wasn't letting any of that pain get to me.

Yeah that haze is something else... I've been trying to stagger them with ibuprofen too when needed. Apparently my pain tolerance sucks cause they had to give me extra morphine in the hospital. My sister has had three boob jobs and was telling me the muscle pain was so horrible in her chest she couldn't move. Surgery of any kind is no joke and makes me definitely think twice about having anything elective done any time soon.

• LauraC122 said:

Omg. @primrosemama me too, because I'm nosy :O)

Me too me too!

Yep now I am curious too :)

I'm very curious too!
  • Fayga said:

MRads said:

To those of you who mentioned that there is somebody on this board with violent tendencies, do you know if said person is getting help? And if not, if something happened, would you feel responsible for not speaking up?

@MRads I'm doing DBT after being diagnosed with borderline personally disorder.  I'm really a nice person tho... 
    ;;)
    I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I have never thought you to be anything but very sweet. And I'm sorry I even brought it up. I thought people were just speculating that somebody was violent and that didnt sit right with me. I have a hard time keeping up with the board and I didn't know there was a post from you about it. Again, sorry.

Baby boy 7.10.13

• Lelo2006 said:

@primrosemama, what is your first name? It's a mystery :)

Allie :)
    I want to see a picture of you!
    I guess I should have kept reading. Will you PM me a picture too? :)

Me too please? :-)
    Me too! I'm curious because I always picture you as beauty from beauty and the beast haha. When you reply I think of belle. Haha

• @NKeading What exactly do you do for a living?  It seems interesting based off of nothing more than your little dropped tidbits here and there.  Also, do you want an apprentice?  Also, what is your news source?

That is all.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• @jackson290721 -- follow-up: is Mew named after the Pokemon?

Haha mew and Mudkip are. Apparently Mudkip was designed after axolotls. Or so I read or was told.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    because it didn't fucking snow enough for me to build my own
  • @lancomechica What kind of job do you have that you travel so often?
  • @PrimRoseMama Can I get a PM pic too?  I've always wondered what you look like.  :)

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• @jackson290721, how did you get all of your pets?  Did you go out and adopt them, or did they choose you?

@mimi4347, aren't you working on a PhD, too?  What field?

Who else is an engineer here?  @thegoodpotato, @somerandomchick, @chrissiemeas, anyone else?
    @LadyBlue07 Mine's in literature. Not nearly so impressive as engineering :)  The plan was to be a professor, but as I get closer to going on the market I'm thinking more and more that reality is pushing me in the direction of a non-academic job. 
    FKA mimi4347: diaper rash magician and unofficial expert on excrement
    photo fdcd1f14-730b-4ea3-9fd5-37c8a5575512_zps6b3ccb11.jpgphoto a71807cf-a0c7-4c71-807b-bc4577b61b83_zps4eece2a6.jpg
    This kid may not have a lot of bowel, but he has plenty of guts! 
    DS born at 34 weeks with (surprise!) gastroschisis turned short bowel syndrome.
    131 days in the NICU, 7 trips to the OR, G-button, daily TPN....
    We are impatiently awaiting the day we can say goodbye to his girlfriend Ivy for good.
  • @jackson290721, how did you get all of your pets?  Did you go out and adopt them, or did they choose you?

Who else is an engineer here?  @thegoodpotato, @somerandomchick, @chrissiemeas, anyone else?

I'm an engineer. Mechanical/aerospace
    Formerly known as ms.mittens Jude 12/31/2008 Ezra 2/10/2011 Nora 7/23/2013 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @Primrosemama I wanna see that gorgeous face of yours, too! :D
  • mimi4347 said:
    @jackson290721, how did you get all of your pets?  Did you go out and adopt them, or did they choose you?

@LadyBlue07 Mine's in literature. Not nearly so impressive as engineering :)  The plan was to be a professor, but as I get closer to going on the market I'm thinking more and more that reality is pushing me in the direction of a non-academic job. 
    Literature scares me A LOT more than math! I was in a book group recently with an English Professor, holy hell. I felt like an idiot at the discussions. The first chapter of The Sound and the Fury was so darn confusing I couldn't finish it! 
  • @Ladyblue07, I forget, what is your field again? Electrical? We have a whole team! 
  • mimi4347 said:
    @jackson290721, how did you get all of your pets?  Did you go out and adopt them, or did they choose you?

Literature scares me A LOT more than math! I was in a book group recently with an English Professor, holy hell. I felt like an idiot at the discussions. The first chapter of The Sound and the Fury was so darn confusing I couldn't finish it! 
    Ha, it goes both ways....the seminar I'm in this spring is partly about using digital tools in humanities research - so that involves teaching statistics and basic programming to us literary folk. I imagine there's going to be some imploding going on before long....  @-)
    photo fdcd1f14-730b-4ea3-9fd5-37c8a5575512_zps6b3ccb11.jpgphoto a71807cf-a0c7-4c71-807b-bc4577b61b83_zps4eece2a6.jpg
    We are impatiently awaiting the day we can say goodbye to his girlfriend Ivy for good.
  • mimi4347 said:
    mimi4347 said:

Ha, it goes both ways....the seminar I'm in this spring is partly about using digital tools in humanities research - so that involves teaching statistics and basic programming to us literary folk. I imagine there's going to be some imploding going on before long....  @-)
    If I was still in the book club I would offer a little tit for tat (you help me with some Cliff's notes, I help you understand statistics and "basic programming". I'm guessing it will involve Excel. I love Excel. ;)
  • @Ladyblue07, I forget, what is your field again? Electrical? We have a whole team! 
    @chrissiemeas, nuclear.  I don't think I've mentioned it before since it is such a small field.  I  just posted a picture, though, so no hiding now.
    Ahhh that's right, you get to play with the fun stuff! They only let me get near it, no touching. :(

• If I was still in the book club I would offer a little tit for tat (you help me with some Cliff's notes, I help you understand statistics and "basic programming". I'm guessing it will involve Excel. I love Excel. ;)
    @ChrissieMeas I do imagine I'll be getting a little more adept at Excel, but we're going to try our hands at some simple markup and I think they're going to try to familiarize us with Python. Either that, or they hated Python and were going to start with something else. One of those two things. See, I can't even remember the name of it, and I'm a words person! :)
  • mimi4347 said:

If I was still in the book club I would offer a little tit for tat (you help me with some Cliff's notes, I help you understand statistics and "basic programming". I'm guessing it will involve Excel. I love Excel. ;)
    @ChrissieMeas I do imagine I'll be getting a little more adept at Excel, but we're going to try our hands at some simple markup and I think they're going to try to familiarize us with Python. Either that, or they hated Python and were going to start with something else. One of those two things. See, I can't even remember the name of it, and I'm a words person! :)
    Yep, time to call in the other engineer ladies. I've never heard of Python.  :-?
  • @maryannespier Do you and your husband have the same views politically?
    H born 07/02/2013

Im a civil eng... Couldnt hack chemical in college - took my life away, so i switched to something more manageable!
    imageimage
  • I did mechanic engineering for about 6 years (installations of new processing lines in food processing plants) but I don't have my PE and I'm out of that field for good now.

• @mystererae, what does your sn mean?

• Lelo2006 said:

@mystererae, what does your sn mean?

This is super embarrassing, but like 15+ years ago, when chat rooms were the thing, there were these roleplaying communities where you'd just write out your character's actions and interact with others based on that. I had a character named Le Dernier Mystere which I think means the dark mystery in French, and someone named Rae I think (no idea what that meant or means) and I started using 'mystererae' as a screen name. I've kept using it hence why my digital footprint is long and humbling.

Hahaha! Gotta be loyal to your screen name. For the longest time, I thought the ae on the end meant "alter ego."
  • LauraC122 said:

I'm an engineer. Mechanical/aerospace

Literally a rocket scientist! :)

My DH actually works on rockets. I work on the stuff that the rocket carries.
    Formerly known as ms.mittens Jude 12/31/2008 Ezra 2/10/2011 Nora 7/23/2013 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"