May 2014 Moms
Options

I'd rather starve than go to the gym!

sarahjanissesarahjanisse member
edited January 2014 in May 2014 Moms
Omg...gym everyday after work used to be my routine...anymore i dread even the thought. I'm so tired, my sports bras and tshirts are too tight, and I move like a snail! ;( I do have an occasional good motivation day but they are dwindling. I just like to come home, take off my bra and veg anymore! Not good. Anyone else? The temperature and darkness at 5:30 pm isn't helping!

Re: I'd rather starve than go to the gym!

• Options
    Zero motivation here.  I make it to my weekly prenatal yoga class, and anything beyond that requires massive effort and hubby pulling me out the door.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The last time I went to the gym was right before I got pregnant.... with my 14m old DD.
  • Options
    No motivation here. I keep saying I'm going to go and walk at least 30 mins 3 times a week on the treadmill, but coming home and laying on the couch and snacking is all I wanna do.
  • Options
    awknyc said:

Unfortunately I love eating way too much that I can't sacrifice exercising. I live to eat. I'll drag my ass to the gym, just so I can have that cheeseburger, fries and slice of red velvet cake.

Ditto. My love of food makes me move.
  • Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one! I have an elliptical at home but have no motivation!
  • Options
    I've been going a little better but I agree with the pregnant lady hours. That would really help to not have the girls in amazing shape right next to me. I also love food too much to be able to not go.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Of course I was joking with the "starving" part, thought that would be obvious. My bad. My appetite is way too big to starve are you kidding?! Yes to pregnant lady hours!
  • Options
    kristine526kristine526 member
    edited January 2014
    I'll title this response "I'd rather virtually karate chop you in the throat than come up with a legit response." but alas, I'll be a grown up and see through the red enough to type.

As a recovering anorexic, this post makes me stabby. Starving yourself is a very real disorder that if you've had in the past, can rear it's ugly head with all the horrible thoughts and feelings of the past with the weight gain in pregnancy. It's something that I, as well as others on this board, battle every single day. Knowing that we are growing our tiny humans, and they need all the nutrition we can give them helps, but the battle is still there. Joking or not, it's not funny.

Andplusalso, "My bad." isn't a legit response or apology. Good try though.
    Anniversary
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm sorry it offended you. I in no way meant to do that...I realize it's a battle for many...I was simply trying to think of something that sounded awful to a pregnant person and not being able to eat is what came to mind. I had no idea it would be taken seriously. I'm sorry. ;(
  • Options
    Hindsight is 20/20 it was a bad analogy.
  • Options

I'm sorry it offended you. I in no way meant to do that...I realize it's a battle for many...I was simply trying to think of something that sounded awful to a pregnant person and not being able to eat is what came to mind. I had no idea it would be taken seriously. I'm sorry. ;(
    Personally, I've had an extra hard week with this stuff, so I may be touchier than normal. I do appreciate the apology. Just think about it for an extra second next time. :)
    Anniversary
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Wait... Cooking supper for the family and taking a shower isnt exercise anymore?? Im pretty winded after all that. Lol. A trip to walmart almost makes me need an oxygen tank. I now have extra sympathy for the elderly that talk about how walmart is too big for them to shop because of all the walking. Oh & not to mentioned I am currently stuffed with pizza & birthday cake. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"