January 2013 Moms
Options

Not-so-stranger danger

DD has some pretty severe stranger danger.  The awkward part is that it extends to relatives...including my poor mom.  My mom spent some significant time with DD as a newborn, but she lives in another state and now she just Skypes weekly and visits every few months.  Well, she's visiting now (for DD's 1st bday celebration) and DD wants nothing to do with Nana.  She'll smile and give her "high fives", but if Nana tries to hold her she throws a fit.  Mom went into daycare to visit DD yesterday, and DD cried the whole time and only wanted her favorite daycare teachers to hold her.  Le sigh.  My mom is taking it in stride, but this is her only grandchild and I'm sure deep inside she is sad about it.  I'm excited for DD to outgrow this!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Not-so-stranger danger

• Options
    I'm in a similar situation since my parents live out of state and my dad has a mustache which terrifies my daughters.  Any how my girls will warm up to my parents after a day or so.  I don't push the girls to go to them at first. I let my parents be in the same room with them but I stay close.  I will let my parents feed them.  The girls love to eat and it helps to create a quick bond.
  • Options
    amnat84 said:
    My DDs stranger danger hits max level with anyone with grey hair. Sorry grandma.
    LOL!  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    amnat84 said:
    My DDs stranger danger hits max level with anyone with grey hair. Sorry grandma.
    LOL!  
    HiIarious...and the mustache thing is hilarious too.  No Burt Reynold's movies for your LO!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My nephew was that way with my husband. If he even looked at him he would start crying, now that he is older he is fine. Its crazy
  • Options
    DD is this way with most of our family. They all live 5 hrs away. It seems to be worse with our moms though. I feel terrible, my MIl is afraid to hold her. She'll ask me "can I hold her now" "do you think she'll like me now" literally every 10min :| we had a huge turnout back home for her 1st bday and she let a couple complete strangers (family/friends that met her for first time) hold her for long periods but screamed at the grandmas. And neither have grey hair or mustaches lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"