March 2014 Moms
Options

Placenta abruption-in L&D (Update) (Update #2)

nisnydernisnyder member
edited January 2014 in March 2014 Moms
(32 weeks) I was at work walking my patient to her exam room and felt a gush. Thought it was pee, but it turned out to be blood. Baby looks good, but if bleeding/contractions continue, they may induce. Basically just told I went from low risk to high, work is out of the question, and they're starving me in case I need an emergency cecsarian. Trying not to freak out, but wow-this was totally unexpected...oh, and I did I mention I'm starving!? I'll be here for at least the next 24-48 hrs...

Update: Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers!!! DH hasn't left my side. Our ultrasound showed our girl was doing well, weighing in around 4lbs 11ozs. No bleeding was visualized on the ultrasound and very little on my pad during my last bathroom check, which is good! But I'm still contracting, so we'll reasses around 11pm (12 hrs from the incident,) and go from there. They won't stop the contractions with medicine in this case, because they just have to let the body do what it's gonna do with an abruption. So we'll continue to wait and pray we can get at least two more weeks out of this pregnancy! We should know more in a few hours, but we got a good peek at this sweet face:

Update #2: Thanks again for the continued support, ladies! All the t's & p's are working-bleeding has completely stopped and contractions are finally coming to a halt! I'll more than likely be on bed rest for the rest of the pregnancy, but I still have the potential to go full term :) They still can't explain why this happened and the doctor even joked that it was just a "bad lottery ticket." Heading home late tonight or early tomorrow.

Re: Placenta abruption-in L&D (Update) (Update #2)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"