June 2013 Moms
Options

How much to pay a sitter

Question for those working moms...if you use an in home daycare or friend to watch little one while you are at work how much do you pay? I got an amazing job offer that has a kid-friendly office and a lot of work from home work. But, I will need to leave LO with a sitter 1-2 days a week for 3-4 hours at a time to meet with clients. It would be on one of DD's preschool days so it would be just him. I'm hoping a friend of mine who is a SAHM would be interested because she had mentioned wanting to earn a little extra money and she is AMAZING with Levi. I don't want to underpay so figured I would get some input as to what others pay so I can offer her a good amount!
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: How much to pay a sitter

• Options
    Well, full time care is always cheaper than a few hours here and there.  A true babysitter gets paid $10-$12 an hour but when we used an in home provider full time, 5 days a week, we paid $200 a week.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options
    $35 a day. No matter how long or how early we pick up. Typically 8-4. But everyone keeps telling me we've got a great deal. LO goes to nanny's house, but she is the only kid being watched.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    natalie115natalie115 member
    edited January 2014
    We pay our in home daycare $34 a day, but that's on the more expensive side for our area (totally worth it though b/c DS loves it there). Like others have said an actual sitter rate is $10-12 an hour.

ETA: the $34 is for 8+ hours

Started TTC Nov. 2011 

1st clomid cycle June 2012- No response :: HSG August 2012- Left tube blocked, right tube clear :: 2nd clomid cycle Aug. 2012 BFN :: 3rd clomid cycle Sept. 2012 :: BFP Sept 30th :: DS born 6/15/13 :: BFP #2 7/29/14 M/C 8/5/14 :: BFP#3 10/20/14 DD born 7/1/2015 :: Applied to be surrogate April '17 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for IFs Dec. '17 :: Surro Babe born 9/11/18 :: Started 2nd Journey May '19 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for new IFs 9/24/19 :: HB 138 at 6w6d

• Options
    We take J to a lady's house. She homeschools her teenage kids and takes care of one other child (2 years old).  We pay her $35 a day. I live in a low cost of living area.
  • Options
    numbersgirl08numbersgirl08 member
    edited January 2014
    Sheesh yall have it good.  We pay $13.50/hour when our nanny watches just our baby.  She often watches another baby at the same time, and when she does that we both pay her $10/hr so she gets $20/hr total for 2 babies.  She works about 40 hrs a week and typically gets paid about $670 gross.  We handle all the taxes for her so she's netting less than that.  She comes to our condo for everything.

We live in a high COL area.

ETA:  Oh, and we provide a set number of paid sick days and paid vacation days for her as well.  I think she has a nice gig :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Mine is in Primrose but when I did some interviewing for a full time nanny, the going rate was $15-20 per hour.  Ones that came with good references and long term experiences with families were all $20 per hour with 2 weeks paid vacation days; hence we opted for Primrose.  We now pay $15 per hour for occasional baby sitting. 
    However, at home day services are priced better; my friend pays $180 per week and another friend pays $250 ish per week. 

September Sig challenge: Fall
    imageimage
  • Options
    We live and work in the Boston area so it's HCOL. I watch a friends kid on my SAH days and I charge them $50 and that is a good deal around here! It's $86/ day for infant daycare and would be minimum $120/ day for someone to come nanny.

• Options
    We pay our babysitter 10$ an hour for the occasional date night.
  • Options
    When I had a part time nanny I paid $10 an hour. And I pay $10 an hour for date night.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"