February 2013 Moms
Options

Allergy Testing Update

Well, we saw the allergist on Monday, and he suspects milk or peanut. We opted to only do blood testing because he said for her age that would give us the best results. We are now the proud owners of an epi pen (which I have plenty of experience with being a school nurse) and are still avoiding milk and peanuts. The dr said that we could keep up the yogurt and cheese since it has not been a problem, and also said that if it does come up as milk it is a good sign she will grow out of it and we just have to do milk challenge every once in a while in the office.

They tried to do the blood draw on Monday, but had trouble and couldnt get enough blood so we are going back at 1 today to try again. T&P that it goes well please, and they are able to get everything they need.

We are also headed for 1 year old shots right after that....what a day!

Also allergy moms - what are you doing at a year for milk?

Married to DH 10.29.11

DD born 1.26.13
DS born 6.12.14
#3 due 12.6.16

Re: Allergy Testing Update

• Options
    Good luck! I've heard a lot of people doing coconut or almond milk if they aren't doing WCM. Here's to hoping lo out grows it quickly!
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    Thinking of you during your busy day.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good luck!! We are going to use hemp milk, coconut milk and maybe almond and soy milk. Hemp milk has a good amount of protein in it.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Good luck today.

Both my kids are good with wcm, but nephew is allergic to dairy and most other milk supplements. They were doing rice milk, but may have stopped because Ds is allergic to rice, and a big cup stealer. Anyways, he is currently doing flaxseed milk
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"