November 2013 Moms
Options

Early Teething?

I think LO has started to teeth this week. His drool has been out of control, he is sucking on his hands quite a bit, and has been "snacking" more often than usual. Has anyone else's LO started? I feel like its really early for it. 

Re: Early Teething?

• Options
    amberrrjadeamberrrjade member
    edited January 2014
    My pedi said that they start drooling a lot at this age but it doesn't necessarily mean teething and sucking the fists can just be self soothing. M is doing this a lot and my MIL swears it's cause she's about to start teething and her gums itch... IDK I keep feeling her gums for lil teeth nubs but nothing so far.

ETA: And M has always been a snacker, so I can't comment on that.
    BLAD reppin'

• Options
    what @amberrrjade said. My pedi told me the exact same thing; the drooling and sucking of the hands are normal at this point and although it looks like they are teething, it doesn't meant they are. 

I have noticed that my DD has been "snacking" more or just attached to me more than normal but I don't think it has to do with teething. She had her shots on Monday and its been ever since then. She gets like this often, I used to try to figure out why but that got really tiring so, for me, its just what she does every now and then :)

Feb. Siggy Challenge: Favorite SomeEcards. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Matthew is! He has four on their way in. I can feel them. And one is about to come through. I can see the white. He's 10 weeks today and is drooling like crazy and is constantly chewing on his hands and has been for two weeks. I know it's his age and those are milestones but also could be because he's teething.
  • Options
    That's what I was thinking. My parents watch LO during the day and they keep filling my head with it haha I'm glad he's sucking on his hands and not me to soothe anymore :)

I'll just keep an eye out. 
  • Options
    sillylasdy87sillylasdy87 member
    edited August 2014
  • Options
    @barista411 you so smart!! I just learned about that info from my pedi. Who knew LOs didn't know how to swallow saliva! It just throws me off because it doesn't mean hungry all the time now.
    imageimageimageimage

• Options
    I'm not saying babies don't get teeth this early, but our pedi told us ODS was teething at 3 months and he never got his first tooth till he was 8 months.  The hand chewing and everything else is all a milestone that the babies have to hit. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    SJacques7 said:

@mapayne626 you jinxed me, L has a tooth popping through now :) He'll be 3 months Friday. DD got her first 2 teeth at 4 months. Guess he's following in her footsteps.

Lol sorry!
  • Options
    We actually just had a pediatric dentist talking about this at our hospital!  She said that the first teeth usually show up (on average) around 6 months, and that the drooling now (at 3 months) is because their salivary glands are starting to kick in. 

(She also recommended wiping their gums with a soft cloth moistened with water in the morning and before bedtime, both to clean them and to get them used to having you clean their mouths.)

Iris born Halloween 2013! 6 lbs, 1 oz, 18 inches long

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    March 24bimageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"