Parenting
Options

Non hormonal bc options

Talk to me. I suspect the pill is fucking with me, even though the nurse I talked to today seems to think that is a stupid theory. Well, they can't find anything else wrong with me! So, anyone have any experience with a diaphragm or sponge? I don't want an iud, dh won't get snipped, and I can't do condoms long term.
image image

Re: Non hormonal bc options

• Options
    Pull and Pray? 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Options
    NFP?

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am too scared. I feel like I need to combine all of those things. Like, nfp, pull and pray, condoms at round ovulation AND a sponge. I am really one and done
    image image
  • Options
    pobrecita said:

NFP + condoms around ovulation?

This. I ditched the hormones a few momths ago and we are (reluctantly) just using condoms when needed until we start trying for #2 towards the end of the summer.

Yeah, its a PITA to use condoms, but eh...nice to not have to deal with the mood swings, bloating, inability to lose weight, and zero sex drive. So yeah.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    FWIW, I used a diaphragm for a bit before we got pg with DS. It was a bigger PITA than condoms. It took me a while to get the hang of getting it in correctly and in rhe process, the nasty superoxide gel shit gets everywhere. Not to mention, it was pretty much a guaranteed UTI for me every time o used it. Fuck all that noise.
  • Options
    I know you said you don't want an iud, but Paragard is hormone free and can stay in for ten years. I have it and have no issues other than periods from hell.

First we had eachother.5.27.11
    Then we had you.6.16.12
    Now we have everything.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    I have used the sponge in the past and liked it.  It isn't super high on the effectiveness percentages, so we supplemented with condoms around ovulation.  DH finally got the V after I had a Paragard failure and had to have it removed, but otherwise I'd still use sponges.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hmmmm.....I don't know what to do! The pill has always been so good to me and I feel like ever since I got knocked up it is betraying me!
    image image
  • Options
    aglenn said:
    I have used the sponge in the past and liked it.  It isn't super high on the effectiveness percentages, so we supplemented with condoms around ovulation.  DH finally got the V after I had a Paragard failure and had to have it removed, but otherwise I'd still use sponges.
    I shouldn't have come in here
    Ha!  Not that kind of failure.  My body tried to expel it.  Much, much pain but no pregnancy.  However, many people told me stories of paragard babies, so you can't rule it out.
  • Options
    aglenn said:
    I shouldn't have come in here
    Ha!  Not that kind of failure.  My body tried to expel it.  Much, much pain but no pregnancy.  However, many people told me stories of paragard babies, so you can't rule it out.
    That is not any more reassuring
    image image
  • Options
    True - sorry - I will stop talking now. :)  My point was, from my experience, yes to the sponge.  No thanks to IUD.
  • Options

Holls2011 said:

Sexless marriage is always an option  :P

Sure, take the easy way out.

Just wait it out until menopause. It's not like she'd be forever abstinent.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"