March 2014 Moms
Options

Water breaking question…

My water broke first before my contractions started when I had my son, I know it only happens in about 10% of pregnancies, but does anyone have any/know of any statistics of it happening a second time? I went out and bought puppy pads just in case for my car and chair and bed.
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Water breaking question…

• Options

This is totally just my opinion, but I would think that if that's how your body started labor the first time, it would do the same in subsequent pregnancies? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    It happened in both my other pregnancies. It broke with my daughter the day before my due date but contractions didn't come on their own, I had to be hooked up to pitocin. My water broke 9 days early with my son and put me into contractions around an hour later. Neither were gushing water breaks, just dripping. Good luck! I'm thinking same will happen to me with this 3rd pregnancy. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

This is totally just my opinion, but I would think that if that's how your body started labor the first time, it would do the same in subsequent pregnancies? 

Don't say that! I keep thinking there is no reason for me to work off-site toward the end because really what are the chances of my water spontaneously breaking two times! I do not want to be in my predominantly male office if that happens...especially if it is a big dramatic gush like last time!
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

I've changed my opinion to that it's a crap shoot!

Actually, I think it'd be kind of fun to experience the big gush, so I'm hoping it's different so I might have a chance to experience that.  :)

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    With Lucas I had the big gush. So I wasn't sure if it would happen again or not. My next OB appt is next week but I am going to ask at the L&D class tomorrow night. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I've changed my opinion to that it's a crap shoot!

Actually, I think it'd be kind of fun to experience the big gush, so I'm hoping it's different so I might have a chance to experience that.  :)

OMG it is seriously the grossest feeling EVER.  Just pee your pants...continuously... and don't stop even if you want to! Each time I had a new gush I was like MAKE IT STOP!!!! DH was actually laughing at me at that point.
  • Options
    I was wondering about this too. My water broke (10 days early) with my son but I had to be induced because I had been dilated to a 4 for a few weeks and never had any natural contractions. I am hoping my water breaks on it's own this time too because if I don't have contractions again, I will be super overdue!
  • Options
    Seriously - the gush is NOT fun. Because it's like a neverending gush. I'm not kidding when I say I was SOAKING towel after towel (Like, bath towels) or when you leave a trail from the road to the hospital. Every contraction = another time you feel like your peeing yourself and can't stop.

This time I PRAY they either break my water for me or it breaks in a hospital bed, lol. It was so disgusting.
    photo 41f1f21b-fd5b-40ab-bc31-76a13e270270_zpscf391ac9.jpg
    After 2 years, Injects, PCOS diagnosis and 2 IUI's, we were blessed with our beautiful twin girls!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Baby Girl #3!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I've never had the big gush. Doc broke it for me with DS (very weird feeling) and it broke when I sat on the hospital bed with DD, but not much came out. I think DD's head immediately blocked the way out bc she literally came flying out minutes later and my mom said the doc pretty much let her splash land in a basin because so much fluid came out behind her.
    Bubba, born Jan. 2007 * Sissy, born Apr. 2009 * Baby Sister, born Feb. 2014
  • Options

Seriously - the gush is NOT fun. Because it's like a neverending gush. I'm not kidding when I say I was SOAKING towel after towel (Like, bath towels) or when you leave a trail from the road to the hospital. Every contraction = another time you feel like your peeing yourself and can't stop.

This time I PRAY they either break my water for me or it breaks in a hospital bed, lol. It was so disgusting.

Mine was definitely a slow trickle, not a gush at all. I was expecting it to be like a movie but I didn't even have to sit on a towel on the way to the hospital!
  • Options
    Laura8388 said:

Ewww! Mine broke in bed so wasn't a huge gush but leaked for a week.. And one day was driving when it decided to start leaking real bad, I was sitting in a puddle in my drivers seat, crying, looking for a park :( good thing I have leather seats so it didn't soak in but was pretty disgusting.

I'm going to buy depends... This is an irrational fear of mine. Ugh
  • Options
    I was drug up on ambien after being induced with no progress. I don't remember much after taking the pills but I do remember my water breaking after standing up from going to the restroom. It was a large amount and it came out with quite a bit of force. It definitely freaked me out.
    Married - 5/2008
    DS #1 - Born 9/2011
    DS #2 - EDD 3/2014
  • Options
    The last time mine broke in water. Talk about a weird feeling! My first was *almost* born in the caul but it broke after her head was out. I think it varies from labor to labor. I will say, mine seems to break pretty late in the game, so hopefully I won't have a big dramatic splash!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Mine broke the first time too- and my dr. said it was more likely to happen the second time as well.  I bought puppy pads too- and getting annoyed that amazon prime doesn't seem to care about this whole 2 day delivery promise.  I'm sure they will get here after my sheets are ruined.

But I'm with everyone else too- probably a crap shoot.
  • Options
    I asked at my prenatal class last night and she said that it differs with every person and every labour. So no answer for me LOL. Wait and see!
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"