August 2014 Moms
Options

Super Bowl plans?

We used to go to a local draft house and watch with friends (pre-kids). We actually won a sound system one year. It had Bud Light on the side so it's in the garage as my DH music system for when he's out there.

Now? Now we stay home because Monday comes fast and I can't drink beer this year. I will most likely make some game day food and watch for the commercials.

What are your plans?

'I loved you for a thousand years and I will love you for a thousand more'

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Super Bowl plans?

• Options
    hubs is making a pork butt, and I am writing the thanks you for the after wedding party one of my friends had for me. We should probably get our anniversery thank yous done too ... So people dont feel we are ungrateful when we start having baby showers
  • Options
    We're going to a friend's house to watch the game.  Mostly because we don't have cable or an antenna.  Usually we just watch at home so I can go to bed whenever I want.  I'm going to make sure DH doesn't drink too much, though, because I'll probably be tired and it's a 45 minute drive home.  I do need to think of a fun appetizer to make...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are going over to DH's parents' house to watch the game. None of us really follow football all that much, so really it's just an excuse to get together, eat some food, and check out the commercials!

Married since 8.2.08
    DS born 8.11.14
    BFP #2: 9.14.16, EDD: 5.24.17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We got invited to a party but we don't really like the people. Plus I'm not 'out' yet and they'll really question why I'm. It drinking.
    I'm hoping to stay home and eat yummy food.
    Married April 12
    DD June 13
    #2 EDD 8/8/14 - DS July 14
    2 Furry Kids - 
    Rosco: The most awesome pug ever.
    Pumpkin: The most non-catlike cat ever.  
  • Options
    My family actually celebrates Ground Hog's Day (Feb 2) so we will be going to a cook-in (it's too damn cold for a cookout!!). I'm sure the game will be on. 
  • Options
    My family actually celebrates Ground Hog's Day (Feb 2) so we will be going to a cook-in (it's too damn cold for a cookout!!). I'm sure the game will be on. 

Whaaaa????? Tell me more! Do you know Phil?

• Options
    We were invited to our friends' for a house party but it'll all depend how I'm feeling that day/night.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We usually go to my aunt and uncle's but it is cancelled this year so we are going to my parents for a bit.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Were going to FI's coworkers house. Is it bad that I'm more excited about the snack-y foods than the game? (I would like the Broncos to win, but I'm not super invested in either team).
  • Options
    The food is seriously the most important part!!!
    Married April 12
    DD June 13
    #2 EDD 8/8/14 - DS July 14
    2 Furry Kids - 
    Rosco: The most awesome pug ever.
    Pumpkin: The most non-catlike cat ever.  
  • Options
    Assuming I can get back home to Colorado tomorrow from Atlanta, we will just have a hot wing and onion ring party at home with the kiddos. 
    Laura
    Married to my Middle School Sweetheart Since 9-23-2000
    Dominic Riley 10-8-2003  Abigail Mackenzie 3-30-2007
    Excited to meet Baby Boy #3 in August, 2014
  • Options
    Nachos!!!! And (root) beer!
  • Options
    Hanging out with some friends probably at a sports bar...may not be able to drink but ill be eating all the food!!

Me 28 DH 30

After 4+ years TTC

FET #2 = DS Madden Jeffery <3 July 29, 2014 <3
  • Options
    Going to my cousin's house! GO BRONCOS!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Invited to my friend's house but there is always a lot of drinking and I'm not "out" yet so I think I will be passing even though I really want to go for the food! DH is usually my buffer (he drinks, i drive) but he has to work.
    11.18.12 Married
    09.06.13 MC at 6w
    BFP 12.04.13 - EDD 08.12.14

• Options
    We're doing a small friend gathering at our house, which I prefer so I can go to bed when I feel like it =)

Would you go to bed with people there? This is one reason I like to go to an event so we can leave whenever to go home. I like hosting, but I know it's not over until everyone leaves. Fortunately for us, most of our friends have kids so it's never late.

• Options
    We're flying to Denver that afternoon and driving to Breckenridge for a ski vacation. We will watch from our rented condo. Sports bars and such will be slammed I figure since Denver is in the Super Bowl.

• Options
    Husband and I are headed to his grandma's, where I am planning to eat and stare at the TV. She makes fantastic dips which I am looking forward to!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"